How to make a stock propeller SSTO plane?

For the propellers, you'll need a separate craft held inside something like a service bay or fairing but free to spin. It'll need to have a bunch of reaction wheels and maybe RTGs (for electric charge generation) to keep spinning. I'd watch this video by Squiddy to get the basics of stock props. It's a bit old but the basics should still work.

Tip: as shown in the video, you can detach your engine, then switch to it and hold down Alt-Q or Alt-E. This will set the trim on the propeller so it'll keep spinning without you having to babysit it.

Once you get too high for the props to have any effect, you can switch to them and hit Alt-X to reset the trim. Then just continue to orbit on rocket power.

How much mass can you get off the ground with your props? That's the crucial question for SSTO. Next question is how high can you get it, but that's less important.

Once you're off the ground, you just need enough rocket TWR and fuel to get to orbit. Your craft should be either MK1 or MK3.

Note that the rest of us don't usually bother with stock props, so it's unlikely that any of us have a prop SSTO on hand. ;) So you might want to supply the craft file for your prop plane, and we can modify it so that it SSTOs.

Edited by bewing

17 hours ago, Reusables said:

Anyone could make one for me so that I can learn the principle?

13 hours ago, Reusables said:

Uhm actually, I found that I did this in the past. I'll just replicate the design.

For the sake of anyone who finds this thread, also wanting an example of an SSTO that launches under electric propeller power,
 suspect that Reusables meant this:   Contrary to the topic of that thread, the post linked below describes a Kerbin SSTO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.