[1.2.x/1.3.x/1.4.x] SaturnV v1.0.3 d16.07.18

DECQ

On 7/20/2018 at 10:14 AM, amcarrasco02 said:

Funciona bien en la version 1.2.2 del juego??

(Functions well in version 1.2.2 of the game??)

I think it should.  I haven't tested it in 1.2.2.  The OP says that it should.  Only way you can find out is to test it out and see.

On 7/20/2018 at 6:07 PM, Cheesecake said:

Only english is allowed in this forum.

Ya know, for a game made in Mexico its kinda odd that we don't allow people to speak Spanish on the forums... KSP is an international game now, thanks to Away With Words. Why don't we allow people to speak their native language on here...

1 hour ago, tmccreight651 said:

Ya know, for a game made in Mexico its kinda odd that we don't allow people to speak Spanish on the forums... KSP is an international game now, thanks to Away With Words. Why don't we allow people to speak their native language on here...

The forum has an international section, imagine how modders will be difficult to answer when everyone writes messages in their native languages.

i recon its one of my addons...

OK SO I MADE A CONFIG FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE MOD __________________ INSTALLED!!!

On 7/21/2018 at 3:07 AM, Cheesecake said:

Only english is allowed in this forum.

a bit racist but ok...

4 hours ago, Abpilot said:

i recon its one of my addons...

OK SO I MADE A CONFIG FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE MOD __________________ INSTALLED!!!

a bit racist but ok...

Sorry but this has nothing to do with racist. The most people speak english and this is an international forum so english is the best way to communicate each other. I didn´t wrote the forum-rules myself.

2.3 Language, placement spelling and grammar

1. Users must make an effort to place a new thread in the right forum section. Posts deemed to be in an incorrect section will be moved to a proper one;
  2. Users are encouraged to use proper grammar and spelling in all messages. Messages containing txt-speak, 1337-speak and other exclusionary forms of speech may be removed;
  3. All messages outside of the international sections should be in English or include an English translation.

First a big HELLO here from Germany!

I would have to giveyou  a "Thank you very, very much!" to the whole community and the great jobs all the Modder do!

But, back to this particular one:

It's an fantastic work and the parts look very amazing... I'm stunned. But - i can't load the entire Saturn-V .craft file. Not in my career and even not in sandbox mode.

After a short check it seeem's to be all OK with the Parts. But when i will open the whole model, KSP told me there is an "Incompatible file in the folder" and ask if it should delete it. When i cancel that the SaturnV-Apollo is shown up, but with comment "***incompatible with this version of KSP***".

Could it matter that i have'nt installed JRS? Because i had no trouble with rockets like noodles; its enought for me to use the rigid attach and autostrut functions from stock game. Otherwise i coult not find a version of JRS for KSP 1.4.x. and i dont want to mess up my whole install because of the one model. Then i build it on my own.... ;)

To specify i had installedl 1.4.3 with following Mods:

• OPM (w/ kopernicus)
  • Sigma Binary
  • Scatterer
  • MechJeb (+ MJ for all*)
  • KER
  • KIS/ KAS
  • EVE (with SVE)
  • CA- Aerospace*
  • KW Rocketry*
  • CBK
  • TransferWindowPlanner/ Alarm Clock
  • chatterer
  • Toolbar (from Linuxgurugamer)
  • Manouver Node Evolved
  • Pers. Rotation
  • Aviation Lights
  • Dist. Obj. Enh.
  • Planet shine
  • automated Science Sampler
  • Dmagic Science*
  • Firespitter (because it come with this)*
  • Launch Numbering*
  • Stage Recovery
  • Docking Port AI
  • infernal Robotics *
  • NASA-Countdown**

(*-marked: Newly installed and not really testet but seems to work)(**newly installed but dont work yet EDIT: work now. forgot the Tollbar Controler and prevent-click-through-thing ;)

Maybe you find the error... Thanks for your attention and i hope you will continue this fabulios work!

Edited by Interstate
get contdown work

Hey there!

After a few hours i get the whole Saturn V - Apollo together and working... It was kind hard without any instructions or assembling sheet. But now... it flyes!! Oh sh*** YEAH!  And it looks great.To get even more visual out of this I decided to install RealPlumeStock again. (But the positionings are not read out from the cfg's. The F1 and J2 looks ok - but my LF-T30 and T45 are still complete on fire)

It is a really well designed model. The fuel is more than enough to do an APOLLO-Style Mission. I even removed some of the fuel from the second stage to get the right timing in staging and the fuel in the S-IVB was around the double I needed. But yes - the parachutes are missing and i have even no idea how to fidel the parachute decoupler in. I installed two radial chutes under the docking panel instead.

Some little bugs, especialy in part actions, but nothing to deal with it. If you want I write you a litlle report of the issues. Don't want to write them down here. ;) For example: the Tower suddenly disapear 500 m up in the sky :)) This looks really funny! And the subsat had no option to stage the engine and generate no power.

So people - get this mod, get the SaturnV together and enjoy the great view and replay the missions of the late 1960s. :) both thumbs up!

The RO configs are finally ready: link

I have not playtested it a lot so it may contain some bugs (though one of the known is the fact that RemoteTech does not like the multiple antenna modules in the LM ascent stage).

Edit: link removed

Edited by Phineas Freak

17 hours ago, Dutchbook said:

@Interstate Could you upload/share your craft file? Can't wait to try this baby out :)

Sure ;) I hope it is ok for DECQ...?  I think so.

Hope this Craft file will work for U. Had to delete all my lights and CA-Experiments so u maybe have to rebuild the LEM by your own..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ikm52f4mhaq3d0/SATURN-V APOLLO.zip?dl=0

I was away for several days, so I did not answer the messages, now we will deal with the problems.

32 minutes ago, ox3870 said:

Help!!!!

why I can't dock
I didn't put the docking port upside down right?

https://imgur.com/a/ekhIgqU

Welcome to the forum.

The dock port works fine, there can not be any problems, just know the dock port has size0, which means that if you want to dock with the stock docking port then you will have to use the smallest port.

On 7/28/2018 at 2:26 AM, Woodstar said:

missing apollo drouge and main chute, were can i get them?

On 7/30/2018 at 12:59 PM, Interstate said:

Hey there!

After a few hours i get the whole Saturn V - Apollo together and working... It was kind hard without any instructions or assembling sheet. But now... it flyes!! Oh sh*** YEAH!  And it looks great.To get even more visual out of this I decided to install RealPlumeStock again. (But the positionings are not read out from the cfg's. The F1 and J2 looks ok - but my LF-T30 and T45 are still complete on fire)

It is a really well designed model. The fuel is more than enough to do an APOLLO-Style Mission. I even removed some of the fuel from the second stage to get the right timing in staging and the fuel in the S-IVB was around the double I needed. But yes - the parachutes are missing and i have even no idea how to fidel the parachute decoupler in. I installed two radial chutes under the docking panel instead.

Some little bugs, especialy in part actions, but nothing to deal with it. If you want I write you a litlle report of the issues. Don't want to write them down here. ;) For example: the Tower suddenly disapear 500 m up in the sky :)) This looks really funny! And the subsat had no option to stage the engine and generate no power.

So people - get this mod, get the SaturnV together and enjoy the great view and replay the missions of the late 1960s. :) both thumbs up!

Indeed, something is wrong with parachutes, could you tell what versions of the KSP you are using???

52 minutes ago, DECQ said:

I was away for several days, so I did not answer the messages, now we will deal with the problems.

Welcome to the forum.

The dock port works fine, there can not be any problems, just know the dock port has size0, which means that if you want to dock with the stock docking port then you will have to use the smallest port.

Thank you for this mod:))

But I use the docking port in this mod

When I tried again and again, finally get successful docking once. Just once.

When I get back from mum, it doesn't work again

Does that docking port have some limit of angle ?

3 hours ago, DECQ said:

Indeed, something is wrong with parachutes, could you tell what versions of the KSP you are using???

I have installed 1.4.3 with mods i declared few postings up ;)

After a little cleanup in my installation i recognized that the chutes are now availaible in sandbox mode :D but in my (started way back) career they dont. I also recognized that the chutes requires "TechRequired = largeControl".I noticed otherwise the other parts are erquires mostly generalRocketry or advanced rocketry. Maybe is here the issue? I thoght about to simple change the requ. for the chutes to see if it work but had no time till now.

4 hours ago, ox3870 said:

Help!!!!

why I can't dock
I didn't put the docking port upside down right?

https://imgur.com/a/ekhIgqU

the aligment of your port seems to be right. But on your pic it seems to me, that you have your probe extended. This is the "Softdock". you have to retract the probe from right-click-menu when both ports are touching. than it should snap together.

18 hours ago, DECQ said:

OK. I just tried it out and replaced "TechRequired = largeControl" with "generalRocketry" in the 2 Config-Files in "ATS\SATURN_V\DECQ_PROJECT_APOLLO" and now the chutes are all here :) Sometimes is that simple :D

19 hours ago, Interstate said:

OK. I just tried it out and replaced "TechRequired = largeControl" with "generalRocketry" in the 2 Config-Files in "ATS\SATURN_V\DECQ_PROJECT_APOLLO" and now the chutes are all here :) Sometimes is that simple :D

Maybe, because I still did not connect him career.

I put this saturn V apollo 8 configuration (without LEM) in orbit with realism overhaul configs... but the RCS thrusters of the service module aren't responding... the RCS of the CM it´s ok.... its a bug or what? 

Edited by h4ck3d

10 hours ago, h4ck3d said:

I put this saturn V apollo 8 configuration (without LEM) in orbit with realism overhaul configs... but the RCS thrusters of the service module aren't responding... the RCS of the CM it´s ok.... its a bug or what? 

I am not the author of RO, but I think that you simply did not include them.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:29 PM, Phineas Freak said:

The RO configs are finally ready: link

I have not playtested it a lot so it may contain some bugs (though one of the known is the fact that RemoteTech does not like the multiple antenna modules in the LM ascent stage).

Did some quick tests. The only real issue is that the CM RCS just won't work at all. Also for some reason the LM landing legs just starts deployed no matter how hard you try and you have to retract them ingame (and it works only if the electricity in the lem descent stage works). Same for the CM-SM umbilical.

Other than that might I ask you why you removed the J-mission lm descent stage (it's just a copy paste of the cfg from the h missions after all) and the S-IVB-LM interstage separator?

BTW almost forgot: even without RO, the translation (h and n keys) in the lunar module RCS just never worked. Couldn't find a fix in the .cfg. Do you guys know why?