Kerbals start in orbit around Kerbin, and have to explore around them

I've just got this idea, maybe it's stupid, maybe not. More of that, and I don't know how to realize this without a mod. But anyway! This will give some ideas maybe:

The challenge would be that you start (a career game) in orbit around Kerbin in a poor space station. With no science, a bit of founds, and  you have to explore around you, in EVA first, then with little spacecrafts, to extand your space station, knowledge, etc.

The first "big" goal would be to land at Kerbin, and to come back to the station.

Then go to the moon and back.

Etc, etc.

Your launch site will always be the initial space station.

The technology available would be in consequence, relative to this gameplay.

That's an inverted gameplay in fact.

Well you see, that's more an idea for modders than a challenge, but take it, the way you want (or you can..).

As a "plus", background idea,  we can imagine those kerbals are successors of the current Kerbal civilization, they were just forgotten by Mission Control, let in cryogenic state for hundreds of years...

Just wanted to share, say me what you think!

Kurg :)

Edited by kurgut

Sounds like a good idea (it reminds me of The 100 [Book/TV show]) but it would be impossible to realize without mods since you can't launch or build craft from a single station in orbit, and....well.

The challenge could be something like 'make the most adaptable space station,' and see how many tasks that one station can carry out.

Although I suppose one could use HyperEdit to spawn in craft....

Edited by Earthlinger

Oh, and KAS (Kerbal Attachment System) could be used so you could in theory use the F12 menu to RV parts from the VAB (individual parts or small sub assemblies to not detract from the challenge) to enable building of vessels. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.