what is going to be the first planet/moon are you going to land on? in the .17 update

Crazy Rockiteer

Let's take things nice and simple. Assuming that Kerbin is the pale blue orbit around Kerbol, the Red planet seems like a viable target for a first interplanetary voyage. However, the innermost planet may be a good choice as well. First things first though; moar Minmus missions for me!

The proposed Stellar Descender vessel, based on the Kerbol escape ship Deep Space Explorer, will carry a manned landing vehicle, as well as a number of probes, down to Moho's orbit, then reach the planet and send Kerbals down to the night side.

If they burn up or Kerbol decides to be the Space Kraken's angered mother, oh well.

I'll be going to LKO first, to establish a propellant depot and preliminary SpaceDock.

Then to the Mun, for propellant mining and SpareParts manufacturing. And building a town. And a big SpaceDock in orbit.

Then onward to Laythe, as far as crewed missions go. I will try to drop a Ludodyne airship into Eve's atmosphere, though.

I want to see what this great new Sun surface is like. Supposedly they were going to put solar flares on it. Seeing that real solar flares are like 10 times bigger than earth, it would be fun to fly through one. Eventually I want to crash into the sun too.

I will first use cheating to explore Strange new worlds,or ion engine,or my NP Grand Tour Ship to get some probes then select the best planets and do some math for interplanetary manned mission *open KSP and look for Kerbals who hate most,select one and say "welcome to VD industries experimental interplanetary ship,please,decouple all comunication things after getting to sun orbit.The VD industries is not responsible for leaving you in solar orbit,after reaching solar orbit,please wait until 0.17" *

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.