Kerbal Fried Chicken v1.5

flart

o6u8Mz2.png

One sunny day, Valentina got a letter from Bob and decided to honor Jebediah's memory and to start her adventure. 
She going to get a chicken and fry it up near the Sun.

Bob's colleague, scientist Eleanor Margaret Kerman make some request, will Valentina help her?

Will Valentina also try to expand our knowledge of the origin and evolution of the solar wind?

Bob's Letter:

Spoiler

Hi Valentina, it's me, Bob.

I discovered a Chicken Box, orbiting around Kerbin, with a chicken inside and... you already get it, don't you?
Fried chicken was Jeb's favorite food! He would love this, if he wasn't lost in space somewhere...

We need to honor him, to make Ultimate Fried Chicken!

You are the only pilot left, and we have no more than 3 years before already planned Dres expedition.

Do you remember what happens with Launchpad, when we tried to launch a giant Jeb's statue to Duna?
So now we launch from Water Launchpad and we limited to 300 tons.

Engineers will build a vessel with at least 2 sits (for you and for the cooking process),
there would be docking port for docking to Chicken Box and taking the chicken.

There your adventure will begin.

Fry up the chicken within 1,000,000,000 m (in low space) near the Kerbol for 12 minutes and
then get back home. We will find you anywhere on Kerbin, but better land near KSC.

Also my colleague Eleanor Margaret Kerman needs Mistery Goo observation
in low space near the sun — it is for her "Synthesis of the Elements in Stars" research.
After the cooking, send data within 1 year (before Y52.001).

And finally, you will fly closer than any spacecraft has come before, so astrophysicist
Parken Kerman ask you to expand our knowledge of the origin and evolution of the solar wind.

You need to fly as close as 612,000,000 m near the Kerbol.

Good luck and don't be fried, Chaika.

Gold score: 5,000
Max score: 5,500 (impossible?)

Difficulty: Intermediate

The Colonel logo originates from the reddit post.

Downloads:

https://kerbalx.com/missions/81

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1433757347

cPVPXSD.png

Edited by flart

13 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

putting the mission on both sites

if you put mission on steam, you still  need to put it somewhere Dropbox-alike for non-steam user can download — so why not load it on kerbalX, where everyone can download? :)

Edited by flart

Kerbals always seem to take the easiest thing on earth Kerbin, multiply it by 10.000 and do THAT. 

No idea why. 

Nice idea. I would do the challenge if I had the DLC. Someone buy it for me please I'm poor OwO.

I will build good spacecraft for food, best payment is cake. 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

I never thought that this was what would finally push me to create an account, but what I have to say today cannot be left unsaid, as it has been for three days.

The "KFC" logo you created.

To say that it redefines beauty would be an understatement.

-----Addendum 1-----

Ah. Thank you for the link. I really can't help myself when I see a piece of "fine art" such as that.

Speaking of fine art, I will have to give your challenge a shot. Looks quite interesting. And potentially crispy.

Edited by GearsNSuch

1 hour ago, GearsNSuch said:

To say that it redefines beauty would be an understatement.

"Colonel Kanders", I think, was born there: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/34nr6w/i_was_bored_so_i_made_this/ some years ago

so your appreciation going to reddit chistian95 user

UPD. added note to first post

Edited by flart

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 1.4 - Challenge update

• text & bugs fixes
  • "objectives" fixes
  • additional points for reaching closer to Sun. How close can you get and succeed the mission?

Spoiler

you need to get even closer for more points!

LJ3ArC2.png

Edited by flart

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.