KSP always crashes on opening

Every time I start up KSP and leave it loading, (and walking off to do something else) it crashes. EVERY SINGLE TIME i open it and let it load without me sitting and staring at the screen for twenty minutes. This is becoming ridiculous and it's pretty much the reason why i don't play KSP any more. The last time i did was like 2 months ago because it's so annoying. Sometimes i feel like i want to smash the computer. Any thoughts on whats going on? I open up the crash log and it always says it caused an access violation but only every time i'm not at the computer waiting as it loads. I don't run KSP x64.exe as administrator because it crashes 100% of the time, even when i sit there and watch it load. When i sit there it loads perfectly. Here is the entire log:

https://pastebin.com/HVvXDn5L

Edited by edwin.robert

KSP.log would help.

But you probably installed that one too many mod (or a preexisting one was updated and used that one too much kilobyte more) and Unity blew up.

Move out all mods from GameData (leaving just Squad* ones), and then move a few back each time while firing up KSP until it breaks again, and then you remove the last ones you tried and that's it.

Move back in order of importance, so the least important ones are left behind. 

Edited by Lisias
Hit "post" too soon

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, edwin.robert said:

I've tried that and it's not the mods

It's never the mod loadout [/sarcasm].

It's got something to do with me not sitting there and watching as it loads one part per 10 seconds.

I used to know a mechanic who would tape a picture inside the hoods of cars that he could never reproduce the issues they were brought in for.  He swore by it.    Try that.

It's okay now since i deleted KSP for good. Thanks for the help anyways!

That's a shame, as it's a pretty good game.  

Maybe if you had posted up the KSP.log as requested, we could have helped.    But, reading your description, and looking at the logs, from one potato farmer to another, it might be your machine. 

okay, i admit that i do miss KSP. and thats why i recovered all the files after reading your comment :blush:

I'll also tape my pic to the chair and see how it works. Another thing is when i leave the PC inactive for more than 15 mins, it locks itself and  i have to type in my password to unlock it. (I set this on for security reasons) Maybe that's whats affecting KSP? Maybe that's why it causes an access violation? I'm not sure. I'll try and get the KSP.log file. I can't get it on Pastebin since it exceeds the limit for non-pro users. Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.