Intact Water Landings

As This question is VITAL to almost any mission to laythe, I have to ask it now before I attempt a mission to the moon. How can I get my planes fitted with Jets to land on water intact? Every single landing I attempt with jets either suffer slight damage that voids flyability or the engine breaks off instantly. Is there a way to prevent this? I would love some advice as this is one of the most frustrating things I have to deal with currently, right up there with organizing a new mission to Duna for the first time. 

(side note: My latest seaplane didnt have any screenshots of it, so I had to go to a different plane to put here)

https://imgur.com/a/wzCZaFX

Heh. Three aspects to the concept of "slow down". 1) Don't be in a hurry. You have a lot of speed to bleed off and it takes a long time. 2) Get your horizontal speed below 60 m/s, and then get it even lower than that. 3) Get your vertical speed to almost nothing. Make sure you are flying level, 5 meters above the surface just before touchdown -- and then every 1 meter drop try to fight the prograde marker back up to level again.

21 hours ago, Lego_Prodigy said:

so I shouldn't do the way that concorde landed to protect the nose?

No i believe. Large wings will help with slow speed gliding. But this adds weight and drag, so you will need extra fuel. I did a successful landing on water at <50 m/s

Edited by Xd the great

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.