Recommendations for a Vanilla-flavored KSP

Hi to all the modders and mod-users!
Recently me and my friend had a talk on what mods to include in our mod packs(really just a .7z of mods) that we share.
This time, we had a discussion on what would be in a "Vanilla-flavored" modpack.
Here, we used the word Vanilla-flavored as following the rules below:
1. does not make something that is impossible (even in theory) in stock be possible
2. does not add/modify any parts(so leaving out KER and MJ but can include KER&MJ for all)
3. does not change game mechanisms that cannot be achieved through setting changes and gameplay.
4. assistance mods are allowed, such as showing information/doing automated procedures that can (in theory) be done in stock(just like what TASbots can do, only without breaking the game:) )

Basically, all visual mods can be included, but there still are several mods that apply to these rules, such as AtmosphericAutopilot, [x] science and DockingPortAlignmentIndicator(theoretically can be done by eyeballing...theoretically.).

Unable to come up with the best set of mods, I decided that I'd ask the Community for help!

To sum up, what would you put in(not Putin!) a "Vanilla-flavor modpack"?

P.S. if the above article seems to be misleading/hard to understand, I may edit the rules/sentences. Just sayin' .

Interesting proposition @DunnoAnyThing.

My own rule operates along the same lines to utilise part packs but only for looks... I do use IFI LifeSupport or Kerbalism but I don't use engines from mod packs.  I think that is the biggest part of 'keepin' it stock-a-like' or vanilla flavoured.

I also use mods that change the stock part looks like colour coded canisters, vens or sspx, but I mod their mm patches when they adjust stock values to keep values stock.

I also play with kOS and KER available partless and available for all, and often allow action groups at whatever level the VAB is.  kOS is to automate launches but I take over once in vacuum setting encounters and burning nodes.  I figure if I have to compose the programme then it isn't SO cheaty :).

I also play at 120% retry heating and 100% funds/penalty but 50% science and rep.

Also KEI which gives all science from the KSC biomes probably the only thing that breaks the guidelines you have set.  Oh and also Transfer Window Planner and Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Peace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.