Small things that will help make the game better.

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

1. Make the LES able to be decoupled and fired at the same time using staging sequence.

Feel free to add anything below

While the LES itself doesn't have a decoupler, 90% of the time I find myself placing it on a docking port, in which case it can be right clicked and added to the staging sequence. A little fiddling and the LES can fire and be staged by the decoupler in one press of the space-bar. 

10 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

While the LES itself doesn't have a decoupler, 90% of the time I find myself placing it on a docking port, in which case it can be right clicked and added to the staging sequence. A little fiddling and the LES can fire and be staged by the decoupler in one press of the space-bar.

This, and with the addition of the smart parts mod, it automatically decouples at 50km, using an action group. 

But if you're not using a docking port, then a simple decoupler in the staging stack should make this very easy.    I think the reason the LES does not have it's own decoupler is that it would be confusing to new users of it, if it added both and engine icon and a decouple icon to the same stage node.  It would be very easy to mess up the staging of this.    That and they wanted to make a simple part. 

Nothing decouples in the game except decouplers (and docking ports which have a similar feel).

...which is untrue now that MH is out and the Vostok Reentry modules have decouplers.

So I say yes, they should have decouplers because you basically always will want to decouple them.

Though it should add some mass and cost, and you should also have the option to disable it (for if you're putting it on a docking port) to save that mass and cost.

Edited by 5thHorseman

17 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

How to add that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.