How do I download CKAN for Mac?

max17

I have MacOs 64 bit and I tried everything, following the directions for installing ckan and nothing works or displays error messages when trying to open in the terminal. Please help, the reason for ckan is because I downloaded KIS but the kerbal only has 1L of volume and guessed I'd just use Ckan but nope its just as hard downloading it.

Just now, HebaruSan said:

OK, then continue reading to the end of my previous post. :)

Right, but when I run it it doesn't open, and when i try opening it with Terminal its give me a whole bunch of void messages. 

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

And what did you do next? Did you run it from there, or copy it to another folder first?

Once Ckan downloaded I clicked on it, which then it opened up a flash drive thing on my desktop labeled Ckan. I clicked on that one and within that folder, there was the Ckan logo. I clicked on it again and it bobbed up and down in my dock and then disappeared and never opened.

Also, Am I supposed to just download Mono and that's it or am I supposed to install Mono Framework?

Edited by max17

22 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

You need to install Mono.

Nope, still doesn't work. When I double click on ckan it shows up in the dock and then disappears. Here's what I do: Wait for photos

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you tried moving the app to the desktop? Instead of starting it directly from the ”.dmg folder” I mean? I had the same problem and that worked for me. Possibly including trying to run it twice and then restarting my mac first, I’m not 100% sure. 

Edited by MikaelPerrin
Typo

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Mono, and therefore CKAN, don't seem to work on recent Mac OS. It all boils down to the following snippet in the Mono docs:

The 64 bit support has a few limitations today:

• Our Windows.Forms implementation uses Carbon, and as such, it would not work with a 64-bit Mono.

So basically the UI won't work — You need to run ckan consoleui from a terminal and deal with it.

Edited by domq

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.