Bigger fairing trusses

I've been annoyed by the short faring trusses for some time, making it a major pain to fit 3 comsats in one fairing.

I've tried to hack up a mm-cfg to change the spacing with some success, but with serious issues like the actual trusses fail to be visible (and the node_stack_top / bottom eludes me).

Is there anyone with better config-fu who can teach me to extend the spacing between the nodes, and thereby extending the size of the fairing?

I've played with this a little and the truss sections all had an actual model behind them (each individual section had a separate model). In other words you might be able to move the nodes but the actual truss won't stretch to fit.

@Curveball Anders I was playing with this a bit and not getting anywhere then realized the inter stage nodes are off by default - turn that on (in the parts right click menu) (Doh!) and the nodes appear. Was able to directly edit a fairing to double its size (I know - not quite what you want but should be able to only scale one axis the same way) so I believe it is possible - just a question of figuring out the MM patch.

As far as the node_stack_top/bottom - I think those are the nodes on the base so you shouldn't need to mess with those.

Edited by wasml

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.