How did you pick your username?

The Minmus Derp

Well, my forum username has 2 parts:

1. The "Gurren Lagann" part

Well as you may guess, it came from a anime with the same name.

2. The "CWP" part

It actually came from a worldbuilding project! The project's name is Collaborative Worldbuilding Project, but the menbers call it CWP for short.

Well I chose mine for multiple reasons. 

Lo is for the first two letters in my name. Var is the first part of one of my family's names, same with lach and land. So it's Lo-var-Lach-Land.

By the way you pronounce it Lo-var-LOCK-Land

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

This was just an example... 

... And there lies my explanation ^_^

Spoiler

Mine ? Well, it's a shortening from Yoursnotmine, or as I'd explain the shortening back when I was interested in coding, yoursNotMine. I was thinking to stay behind anonimity when I started to become an active member of online forums (hence "yours, not mine") ; but as time progresses, and seeing where life has taken me and where it'll probably take me further, I'm starting to question it. Though I'll stay under YNM...

My username (and profile image) is the twin AI sisters of Fraxinus airborne base from Date A Live, they're known as Arusu sisters (ARS sisters)

On the other hand, my username can also be used for several mission department in my space program. For example:

ARS: Advanced Rocket System (Launch Vehicle Department)

ARS: All-terrain Rover and Surveyor (Rover and Land Vehicle Department)

ARS: Aircraft and Rotorcraft Supplier (Atmospheric Craft Department)

ARS: Aquatic Research and Science (Watercraft and Submarine Department)

ARS: Absurdly  Random and Surreal (Bizzare and Absurd Contraption Department)

Etc. Etc. Etc... Makes you wonder how My Kerbals navigating the R&D Department when all buildings there are named ARS :rolleyes:

Edited by ARS

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:01 AM, ARS said:

My username (and profile image) is the twin AI sisters of Fraxinus airborne base from Date A Live, they're known as Arusu sisters (ARS sisters)

On the other hand, my username can also be used for several mission department in my space program. For example:

ARS: Advanced Rocket System (Launch Vehicle Department)

ARS: All-terrain Rover and Surveyor (Rover and Land Vehicle Department)

ARS: Aircraft and Rotorcraft Supplier (Atmospheric Craft Department)

ARS: Aquatic Research and Science (Watercraft and Submarine Department)

ARS: Absurdly  Random and Surreal (Bizzare and Absurd Contraption Department)

Etc. Etc. Etc... Makes you wonder how My Kerbals navigating the R&D Department when all buildings there are named ARS :rolleyes:

You do love ARS and put it on everyting...

Also i got another meaning for it: Advanced Rocketry System

1 hour ago, GurrenLagannCWP said:

You do love ARS and put it on everyting...

Also i got another meaning for it: Advanced Rocketry System

I thought it would be cool and funny if I make my space program department has uniformity (Everything named ARS), but in turn gave way for impracticality (Because everything named ARS) :rolleyes:

Also yes, I loved Ars Sisters

Originally it was just Earthling

Mostly because I feel like we should identify as the collective inhabitants of a unique planet.

The current username is a combination of Earth and Linger. The first word for obvious reasons, and the 'linger' for several. It doesn't make much sense outside of my head, but in my mind, I see it as a metaphor for how we impact the environment around us, thus leaving 'lingering' signs of our presence, even once we are gone.

Nowadays it's my username for almost everything, though there seem to be four other people/groups that use it as well :( (namely, a FB profile, a twitter account, a song group/band [I think??] and a random website)

On 7/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Well I chose mine for multiple reasons. 

Lo is for the first two letters in my name. Var is the first part of one of my family's names, same with lach and land. So it's Lo-var-Lach-Land.

I've been reading this in my head as 'la- low- varch- Land'.

Brain fart. Except it lasted for a year.

Name: Cepholopod are clearly the best animals, and the Kraken is clearly the best cepholopod. Then there's the Kraken Kernel, which I just referenced for a joke.

The Kraken part is from the Agar.io skin, and it's been in all of my usernames for years.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

2 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I've been reading this in my head as 'la- low- varch- Land'.

Brain fart. Except it lasted for a year.

Name: Cepholopod are clearly the best animals, and the Kraken is clearly the best cepholopod. Then there's the Kraken Kernel, which I just referenced for a joke.

The Kraken part is from the Agar.io skin, and it's been in all of my usernames for years.

It's Lo-var-LOCK-Land :P 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.