(Chatterer) Morse Kode

mr. engino

Do you like using chatterer, but have grown tired of the sstv sounds whenever you transmit science?

If so, this is the addon for you!

Introducing Morse Kode, the chatterer addon guaranteed to make your experience a little more interesting!

-How does it work?

Well, it replaces the sstv sounds you normally get when you transmit science with CW (continuous wave [morse code]) sounds to provide you with a low-tech experience, making your science transmissions sound a lot more simple and a lot less significant!

-How do I install?

It's easy! go to the chatterer folder in gamedata, then to sounds, finally swapping the sstv folder already there with the one you downloaded, and thats it!

For all you easter-egg aficionados: each sound file is a message written in morse code, containing messages both historical AND hysterical! Good luck on decoding the messages! ;) 

Download Here!

This sounds great! (No pun intended as I have not yet downloaded it.) :)

Quick question, in vanilla scatterer, whenever I transmit science I hear the same SSTV sound for transmission. If add this addon, are the science transmission sounds, KW, going to be randomized?

1 hour ago, canisin said:

This sounds great! (No pun intended as I have not yet downloaded it.) :)

Quick question, in vanilla scatterer, whenever I transmit science I hear the same SSTV sound for transmission. If add this addon, are the science transmission sounds, KW, going to be randomized?

Yes, the transmissions should be randomized, as they are uniquely different from each other.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that like some variety, I've tested and found that you can add these rather than simply replace the existing files and it'll just pick one at random. I like the warbles, but I also like the Morse code, so this is good for me.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Any chance for CKAN?

Dunno. My intentions for this mod is to replace the sstv sounds for science transmissions with morse code. If Athlonic adds the ability to swap transmission sounds like with radio chatter, maybe I'll put it on ckan.

38 minutes ago, mr. engino said:

Dunno. My intentions for this mod is to replace the sstv sounds for science transmissions with morse code. If Athlonic adds the ability to swap transmission sounds like with radio chatter, maybe I'll put it on ckan.

Why not have it as an optional addition, with instructions or a script/batch file to remove the others if desired?

On 9/27/2018 at 9:58 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Why not have it as an optional addition, with instructions or a script/batch file to remove the others if desired?

Couldn't a MM config do it? I haven't messed with MM in many years since my return. If it can, I might mess around with it.

31 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

Couldn't a MM config do it? I haven't messed with MM in many years since my return. If it can, I might mess around with it.

MM only touches cfg files, it doesn't touch any other files, and even then, it doesn't change the originals

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.