Project Ilus - The Expanse

Artienia

Project Ilus

K688pfr.png

This project is Heavily based on The Expanse Book Series. Sadly we don't have much info on the planets other than the Fourth Planet.

What we know:
There are 6 Planets

• Ilus I
  • Ilus II
  • Ilus III
  • Ilus IV (Home world, oftern called New Terra)
  • Ilus V
  • Ilus VI

All of these worlds are rocky except VI, And no there are no nicknames
There is Also a Star, Called Ilus's Star which is very similar (in color) to the sun
The only info on the rest of the planets (Except New Terra) is about Ilus VI, Which is Large, most likely referring it being larger than Jupiter, or in case Jool

Now, Things we know about Ilus IV

• It's gravity is 1.1g
  • Diameter is 13000km
  • Day lengh is 1.25
  • It has 13 moons all in thes same orbit (It had alien tech don't judge)
  • It is one giant continent with thousands of islands on the coast, some of them seem from orbit
  • It has no tectonic activity (No mountains, Valleys, Rivers, Entire continent is flat)
  • 50-50 Land to water ratio
  • South West of the Continent is desert and dustorms are daily
  • It has some very noticable ruins (Alien stuff as i said)
  • It has a Black Grass-like stuff which grows in the continent
  • It has a Sunfower like planets, which has a green top and always faces the sun
  • It has a Red Fungi-like trees
  • The oceans are full of bioluminecence filled bacteria, making them glow in the dark; some of them spills onto the coast making it highly visible from orbit
  • It's coulds have a faint green hue due to bacteria and stuff

I just wanted to archive all the sutff i found it, With the final goal of making it a mod.

The Stuff i think would need to be changed:

• Grass color, which imo should be Eve-purple
  • The Number of moons, which is just ridicolous (3 Main moons should be enough)
  • And Rivers and mild hills added.

Thank you.

Edited by Artienia

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 7:15 PM, scottadges said:

Is this something you're looking to make into a planet pack for KSP? Or just information via the Expanse? 

I love the books and can't wait for the next season on Amazon. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the next couple books via the show.

Would have been a planet pack but nobody cared so i abandoned it.

@Artienia, in my experience people don’t tend to get excited until there are pictures. I’ve only watched the first season of the Expanse so I am not familiar with the system  you described.

That said the real reason to make something like this is because you want to. If you do make some planets, let us know!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.