merch/dlc idea

kerbalgamer

Just an idea what about paying $ 0.25 to $ 0.50 for a kerbal

for a special kerbal like an neil armstrong kerbal/bobak ferdowski kerbal or a yuri gargarin kerbal to honour their achievements.

note: you will only have one or two so you have to keep them alive

I do not want feedback so please only pm me if you want to.

If we get DLC, it'll probably be some type of expansion pack, and only once the game is finished. New missions, new planets, new solar systems... however, since this is an indie game, chances are Squad may not want to do DLC and instead may continue to give us free updates, like Mojang does.

Okay, I'm leaving this thread before a flame war starts.

Why start a thread on a forum if you don't want feedback or people posting responses..?

OP is apparently unclear on the concept of a "discussion" forum.

I would say DLC is a horrible idea, actually. A surefire way to piss off gamers is to break the game up into chunks and charge for each of them. Expansion packs are one thing (provided it's actually an expansion pack that comes out some significant time after the original game and was obviously made as an addition to, but not a central part of, the original game), but DLC usually involves either cosmetic crap that won't sell well or integral parts of the core game that amount to hidden charges for those who buy the game in good faith. I frankly don't see HarvesteR / Squad pulling a stunt like this after observing their business practices over the last year or so.

I believe 80% of DLC from big companies are just another way to get more money from their customers.

For smaller/indie companies, I can understand that development is slower-paced and they want to release their game(s). Only when they continue working on those games do they sell DLC.

In the case of KSP, what good would there be to a DLC? Paying for new planets? Paying for custom Kerbals? The latter would be okay, but the former would be really irritating to all those who already paid for the game (especially when its price is higher).

Anyway, I'm sure any kind of additional content is out of the question at least until the game reaches completion (1.0).