Improvements to Steam Workshop

Please add your suggestions to improve Steam Workshop support for crafts and missions.  Please do not turn this into a discussion of whether or not Steam Workshop should include mod support.

I will start with a few:

• Make it such that fairings are rendered by the thumbnail generator.  At present, all ships have invisible fairings in their thumbnails which looks silly.
  • Make it such that people cannot upload single-part memeships, such as this.  I don't know exactly how to prevent this, as people's new memeships will simply be whatever part threshold number you decide +1. Steam and children never fail to disappoint, I suppose.  One would think a dumb effort like that would fall to the wayside of ignored crafts, but its currently the 5th most popular craft ever uploaded to the Workshop, and its clearly taking the wiz. 
  • Make the process of updating your submission more clear.  At present, it feels like you're about to duplicate your upload when you choose to update your craft to the Workshop.  There is no dialogue about "would you like this craft to overwrite the craft currently on Steam Workshop?"  My first craft update was a leap of faith, and I realized it actually does overwrite and update despite never mentioning that it will.

Please add some more if you see room for improvement.

Edited by klesh

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, klesh said:
  • Make it such that fairings are rendered by the thumbnail generator.  At present, all ships have invisible fairings in their thumbnails which looks silly.

I would say don't even bother with that...  Rather, just allow folks to select one of their uploaded craft pics to use as the thumbnail.

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.