Can someone please delete my account?

ianyikos

I'm curious though... As far as I know, according to EU gdpr law, people have the right to demand deletion of any data related to them (and that might include email address, username etc?) but since Kerbal forums are not hosted in the eu, does it still apply?

I'm asking because I've already encountered same situations on local forums and administration had no choice but to accept and delete an account on demand.

37 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I'm curious though... As far as I know, according to EU gdpr law, people have the right to demand deletion of any data related to them (and that might include email address, username etc?) but since Kerbal forums are not hosted in the eu, does it still apply?

Depends if the account in question is owned by a citizen of the EU or not. 

If the website isn't run by Europeans or in a EU country and the account owner isn't from the EU or in the EU, they should be absolutely fine because it hasn't nothing to do with the EU whatsoever. However, if I (being from the UK) requested this same thing, then I'm not sure how they stand with EU law. I'm fairly certain one would have to send a very serious complaint to the EU to get it looked at...

BUT, I'm fairly sure that whoever is responsible for the forum knows what they're doing in relation to the new laws :) Darn good point though!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.