What is your save/space agency called?

MR L A

I have two save files. The first is a sandbox mode game called "BlackBox Testing" - I think it is pretty self explanatory what I do with that one. My hardcore career mode game (no reverts, no quicksaves, no respawns etc) is called "L7 Aerospace", or sometimes "L7 Industries" (I restart a lot).

I realise "Aerospace" is used quite a lot and IMO "Industries" doesn't sound that nice (more like a greedy corporation from a Blade Runner spin off). So I'm kinda looking for inspiration but mostly I'm just curious! (in b4 sexuality jokes). 

So what's your agency/save called?

P.S. This has been asked before, but I'm not into necromancy unless I'm playing a modded Skyrim

Edit: For those of you that have cool custom flags... how did you design them? I've got the graphics skills of a nematode =/ 

Edited by MR L A

ARS: Advanced Rocketry and Spaceships

With the slogan of

ARS: Absurd, Reliable and Spectacular

Which consist of several departments such as:

ARS: Advanced Rocket System (Launch Vehicle Department)

ARS: All-terrain Rover and Surveyor (Rover and Land Vehicle Department)

ARS: Aircraft and Rotorcraft Supplier (Atmospheric Craft Department)

ARS: Aquatic Research and Science (Watercraft and Submarine Department)

ARS: Absurdly  Random and Surreal (Bizzare and Absurd Contraption Department)

Etc. Etc. Etc... Makes you wonder how My Kerbals navigating the R&D Department when all buildings there are named ARS :rolleyes:

Edited by ARS

I also have a sandbox and career save. The sandbox save is entitled "Flandre's Face," because my flag was going to be a picture of Flandre's face, and I intend to put it on every celestial body. I almost immediately changed it to Chen's face, though, so now the name is wrong. I'm still taking Chen to every celestial body, though.

My career save is called "Maribel and Renko," because it's run by Maribel Hearn and Renko Usami. As such, all the main craft in that save are named Merryberry X or something like that.

@ARS, what did you name your Orbital WMD AI department?

Since version 0.90 I’ve had a tradition of making a main science mode save named “Solar System SCIENCE!” Until around 1.2 I would always replace the previous SSS with a new one when the game updated, but from 1.2 to 1.3 I used the same save. I’ve also kept the one I made for 1.3 through 1.4.4, and I’m still using it now. 

My sandbox save is always called KatBox....'cos it's a mess and full of....
My career saves are really originally named; sequentially, K1, K2....etc I'm on K12 now. I increment the number when I do a fresh start. It just makes it easier for my dwindling number of brain cells to keep track of things.  But that's just the save name, the space program has, for quite a while now, been flying the flag of the TriOptimum corporation.
TrEgOPs.png

10 hours ago, MR L A said:

Edit: For those of you that have cool custom flags... how did you design them? I've got the graphics skills of a nematode =/ 

Let me know what you are looking for and I can have a few designs for you to choose from in a couple of days. I'll need information such as:

• Favorite colors - at least two.
  • Preferred geometric shapes (triangles, circles, stripes, etc)
  • Do you want wording on your flag? If so, what kind of wording?

Kerbal Administration for Big Overpowered Orbital Machines.  aka KABOOM

Flag in my sig is courtesy of my artistically inclined daughter.  She also made the badge I used back when I ran the Grand Orbital Space Station Challenge:

HjvGwPF.png

I had planned on making a YouTube series called Project Exploration, based partly off of Projects Odyssey, Gateway, and the in-game scenario Jool Aerobrake, but somehow it turned into Project Seeker, with a completely different story. It's still partly based off of Jool Aerobrake, though. Anyway, so I created a save called Project Exploration, but I haven't renamed it.

20 hours ago, katateochi said:

But that's just the save name, the space program has, for quite a while now, been flying the flag of the TriOptimum corporation.
TrEgOPs.png

Ooooh, can I use that?

I have no fixed convention for naming my saves. They're largely throwaway sandboxes in which I camp in the SPH and design or test things.

My few playthrough saves, however, tend to be named "Trek" or "Enterprise." The main focus in them is always simply "To boldly go..." but I end up getting caught up in base-building and getting beaten by related krakens, or I quickly get bored...

My agency's name is Deep Sky, part of whose staff are aliens among kerbals, hiding in plain sight, and whose technology is quite advanced in its own ways but generally focused on survivability and spaceplanes. Maybe the agency's name is a hint to where the foreign staff come from...or where they intend to go.

Sandbox:
    testing and testing2

Career:
    razark_14

The next time I actually start playing, the save will be called razark_15

On 7/16/2018 at 12:02 PM, Freshmeat said:

Guess what my favorite toy was when I was a child.

A hammer?

On 7/16/2018 at 10:33 PM, adsii1970 said:

Let me know what you are looking for and I can have a few designs for you to choose from in a couple of days. I'll need information such as:

• Favorite colors - at least two.
  • Preferred geometric shapes (triangles, circles, stripes, etc)
  • Do you want wording on your flag? If so, what kind of wording?

Generous offer!

Hmm... I do like blue and white, but that seems a little bit too common maybe? I do like the grey of the stock Winter Owl flag though.

Not sure about geometric shapes... probably circles, but I do love a good curve or swish :)

Wording... maybe "L7 Industries" or "L7 Aerospace" :):) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.