What is your save/space agency called?

MR L A

My career save is named Colonization, guess what I try to do in it...

Tried to come up with name for my agency. This is what I came up with: RIP - Raptor Interplanetary Projects

Edited by Raptor42

Krakentech. My saves are named after what I'm doing in it; Like 'KrakenTech Military Systems' or 'KrakenTech Nautical Division'. I've been meaning to make a flag with the yellow cepholopod logo and a ring around it with an outline of one of my bombers on it, like the ring around the NASA logo.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

I have a career save named the Philippine Space Agency. Here is the flag I designed for it.

FovXGuR.png

On top of that, I also have a save game named "Sandbox"...which is actually a science save because I accidentally clicked the science game mode instead of sandbox. But science game mode turned out to be more fun than sandbox, so I left it at that lol. 

Edited by Walden

I'm pretty themed. I've only got the Sandbox save right now, which I simply called "Roaring."
When I did have a career game though, I called it "L.I.O.N." which is short for Long-range Interplanetary Operations Network.

I've used the same flag for years too. Bit of theft for the background, considering I don't even know who made it, but I put text in and called it good :P 
gozEO24.png

On 7/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, MisterKerman said:

Kerbal Space Program.

It fits and I like it.

True. It has a nice ring to it. Though I guess I feel...unoriginal using that. Some inherent dislike using the same name as everyone else. It gives me an idea though. I could change the name of the space program in response to certain milestones (at least, I think I can get the name to change). That way KSP would be something the program evolves into. Something I'll have to think about.

And since I ommited it from my last post, this is my current flag:

f9i9tz.jpg

I've been using the flag my avatar is pulled from for a while, but it's not really suitable as a proper flag. It's pretty, and I like it, but it's not a good flag design. Took a while to find something I liked as a flag for a space organization, but I found this one, and ran it through GIMP to remove the colour gradient from the original. I like the design, and it looks good in game.

Most of my saves operate under the Notebook Space Program.

And the explanation got long and tangential so here's a spoiler:

Spoiler

Long ago, I'd bring a clipboard everywhere I went to jot down ideas, draw stuff, and dream up rockets. Then I realized that notebooks were more practical (but they do have a problem of the cover wearing off before they are full), and notebooks became a core aspect of my life, so when the space bug hit me the name migrated over.

I use the acronym "NSP" on stuff I make, not to be confused with the band. I didn't realize there was a band until a long time after I started using the acronym.

The NSP, however, is not just for Kerbal. The NSP overall is huge, with divisions for basically everything I do.

• Notebook Space Program Model Rocketry Wing - A real life division operating over 25 pyrotechnic rockets, over 25 air pressure rockets, about 10 water rockets, and other miscellaneous flying things.
  • Notebook Space Program Applications Division - The division that manages designs for actual space vehicles. Currently I've designed:
    • A lunar lander probe (a dozen designs) which masses <50kg and can be deployed from LEO (although the rocket I had optimistically planned for it to be launched on has been cancelled, this is probably the closest (not very far) any of my designs has come to reality)
    • A one man capsule enabling suborbital space tourism for that same cancelled launch vehicle
    • An extremely tiny one man capsule and booster rocket designed to take me briefly into space with a very low chance of survival
    • A one man orbital capsule akin to a modern, more advanced Mercury (The most complete of these designs)
    • Most of a launch vehicle for this Mercury (but no engines)
    • A vague concept for a LEO-LLO ferry
    • A very optimistic Phobos lander cubesat (before I knew much about space, I should redo it sometime)
  • Notebook Space Program Minecraft - Manages operations in my very extensive Minecraft space storyline (ask if you want to read the sumarry, it's very long). Divided into the NSP and the New NSP for the two ages of exploration.
  • Notebook Space Program Kerbal - Duh.

Other KSP organizations include RavenCorp (a commercial agency) and the Encryptian Empire (for wars and stuff).

Before I brought everything together under the NSP, I had more IRL organizations.

• TASWRA, the first I can remember. Stood for Town And State Water Rocketry Association, managed *very early* water rocket operations, as in conceptual designs years before I built them. Created IIRC 2013, first water rocket flew after it was merged with the NSP in 2016 IIRC. Two single bottle water rockets have been produced, both moderately successful. One enormous spliced bottle water rocket (taller than me) with a parachute has been built but my launch pad will leak if I try to launch it. The parachute is operated with a remote control and only works half the time, but the rocket has never actually left the ground so it doesn't matter.
  • KKW enterprises - managed the construction of a cardboard box space station, one of the first space related things I ever did. Unfortunately it's been moved several times, has collapsed, and is now in flattened box form, but it still exists (well, at least 2/3 of it) in my garage attic.
  • Kryptolabs - short lived agency for Minecraft experimentation.

Inferno Space Program

My flag is my profile pic, which is a logo from a space combat game.

(I will like the post of the person who can tell me the name of the game, thr organization that the logo belongs to, and the studio.)

I had to look to remember why I called my save:”Career of Careers”

Original, I know. I think this is the longest I’ve run a career, in terms of the RW calendar and hours played. It’s also the first time I haven’t started a new career with a major release, instead I’ve updated it since 1.3.1, to 1.4.3MH and now 1.4.5. In this save I’m determined to return a Kerbal from the surface of every body with a surface, something I haven’t done since 0.24 or so. It took a lot of MB testing, but my Kemini Eve Return Vehicle is on its way to the purple planet.

The game calendar sits at around year 12 or so. I run KAC of course, so the KERV will have to wait its turn while I plant flags in the Joolian system. But I digress...

Happy Landings!

On 7/17/2018 at 7:11 PM, HansonKerman said:

Ooooh, can I use that?

oh, sorry, I totally forgot to reply this. Yeah, of course! (obviously you'll need to pay your yearly licence fee to the TriOptimum cooperation ;) ) 
IIRC I just grabbed it of the net and trimmed/resized it, so it's not like it's my original art work or anything. Go nuts! (just watch out for rouge AIs). 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.