Does anyone want interactable buildings? Like buildings you can walk up to, open the door, and walk inside? I think it would be cool, as the astronaut complex and other buildings seem like cool places to be in. I also think there should be npc's inside that just walk around. Also, i think the space center would feel less abandoned if there were kerbals and vehicles moving around outside and having vehicles parked in the lot at administration.

Edited by KerbalChamp2006

It's not that I don't support this idea, it's just that I think the end goal could be better achieved with stock cities and city lights rather than more NPCs and building interactivity at the KSC. The crux of your argument is essentially, "KSP needs to feel more alive," and I agree with that.

However, that said, I would also rather they focus on getting the game running more smoothly first, because frankly, there are bugs that just shouldn't be there anymore.

On 7/16/2018 at 5:19 PM, KerbalChamp2006 said:

Does anyone want interactable buildings? Like buildings you can walk up to, open the door, and walk inside?

13 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

I'd rather have cities and stuff than superfluous detail that is a lot of work for little gain.

How about procedurally generated cities with roads and lights a la FS9/FSX?!?

While I agree both of these sound fun, and I could exploit the crap out of them in Emiko Station, I have to also agree with my friend @linuxgurugamer, other than eye-candy, I don't know that they bring much to the actual spirit of the game, which is space exploration.

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

While I agree both of these sound fun, and I could exploit the crap out of them in Emiko Station, I have to also agree with my friend @linuxgurugamer, other than eye-candy, I don't know that they bring much to the actual spirit of the game, which is space exploration.

They wouldn't. But it would be fun! I'd just like to have another runway with aprons and taxiways, a couple of opened hangars, and a dock...

Just now, adsii1970 said:

They wouldn't. But it would be fun! I'd just like to have another runway with aprons and taxiways, a couple of opened hangars, and a dock...

Agreed! I could have all sorts of writing fun with stuff like this. But I'm afraid in terms of priority, (IMO) something like this isn't going to be very high on @SQUAD's to-do list.

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Agreed! I could have all sorts of writing fun with stuff like this. But I'm afraid in terms of priority, (IMO) something like this isn't going to be very high on @SQUAD's to-do list.

Oh, I know you're right. We have been asking for a dock since 0.18

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, I know you're right. We have been asking for a dock since 0.18

Oh, now that is a different matter... Interactive buildings are fun, but not necessarily useful. A working dock, however, could serve a very useful purpose, especially for those with boat/ship mods installed.

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

True, but if you play career, inexorably some of your first missions will be to gather science from Kerbin. That's why I think it won't hurt to give Kerbin some more spice (no pun intended...). Agreed, it is not high priority...

2 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

it won't hurt to give Kerbin some more spice

in my taste more preferable and easier is

1. a seaport facility on the beach for ship and submarines or, at least, underwater launchpad

2. Many new "anomalies", let's say 50 on Kerbin: some building, cities, fan stuff, etc.

3. A main global narrative in the contract system with visiting every "anomaly" and body. 

3 hours ago, flart said:

in my taste more preferable and easier is

1. a seaport facility on the beach for ship and submarines or, at least, underwater launchpad

2. Many new "anomalies", let's say 50 on Kerbin: some building, cities, fan stuff, etc.

3. A main global narrative in the contract system with visiting every "anomaly" and body. 

The main global narrative is what's missing in general in KSP's career mode...

17 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, now that is a different matter... Interactive buildings are fun, but not necessarily useful. A working dock, however, could serve a very useful purpose, especially for those with boat/ship mods installed.

Movie sets?

1 hour ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Wait... Are you suggesting to crash rockets intentionally into populated areas? Even if only in a game, I find that disturbing...

The entire reason the buildings are destructible is so people have better reasons to crash rockets into them.

Regarding the OP no I don't want any more dev time spent on anything within 50km of the launch pad. And anything within 50Mm of the launch pad can wait until all those places more than 50Mm are dealt with. Except maybe the Sun and Jool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.