What country are you from?

Chel

34 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Well, it says my location below my name on the sidebar when viewing the forums on PC. And if you don't know where the Great White North is, then "Take off, eh!" :D

Still unclear? Google "Bob and Doug McKenzie"

I have to... Take off... you... hoser...!!!  :sticktongue:

(Yes, I remember exactly who Bob and Doug are... lmao....)

Oh, and for the record, I'm from the uncultured orange area south of the Great White North... 

Near the confluence of the Ohio and Wabash Rivers -

• and about a hundred miles south of the site of the Battle of Tippecanoe.
  • and near the location of the only Union city captured by Confederate troops during the American Civil War.
  • and the home of the painter and naturalist, John James John James Audubon .

4 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Almost south of the Mason-Dixon line. Except, 'Almost' only counts in horseshoes, hand-grenades, and atom-bombs.

If you’re in a food fight, almost counts with cauliflower too...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

From SXM, an island not bigger than a baby ants poop on the map, and that almost nobody knows (excepted the name of its intl airport):

Spoiler

qctQqQn.jpg

Hard to see? Let's draw closer!

ZbUP4j5.jpg

Still nothing? Ok...

TpLaKFv.jpg

7brKHOd.jpg

Not as ridiculous as Tristan da Cunha or some atolls, but still a place lost in the world.

Edited by XB-70A

4 hours ago, XB-70A said:

From SXM, an island not bigger than a baby ants poop on the map, and that almost nobody knows (excepted the name of its intl airport):

So wait, you're from that island with the crazy beach at the end of the runway? Sweet! I'd be hanging out at that beach all the time!

On 7/23/2018 at 4:06 AM, XB-70A said:

From SXM

So, the horizontal stripes side ?

EDIT : After seeing the inset, apparently it's the other way around.

Edited by YNM

On 7/22/2018 at 9:41 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

So wait, you're from that island with the crazy beach at the end of the runway? Sweet! I'd be hanging out at that beach all the time!

Yup:

75428_1376354547.jpg

(Taken in 95', a week after the island got struck by hurricane Luis)

It used to be a nice place, with a lot of different aircraft and airlines, but now it turned to be a pretty boring site (without joking) Every year (dumb) persons are getting injured or killed and as a result the authorities have gradually made the closest spots inaccessible without staying on the road.

Also, the good times are now over. In the 90's and early 2000's it still was possible for us to see some beauties and rare aircraft, such as Aerocaribbean and Cubana coming with their Il-18 and Yak-42D, the Dutch Navy was operating some P-3C, occasionally a 707-320C from Brasil, without counting all the 727, 747-classic, DC-9, DC-10, and cargo-converted CV-240 and CV-580.

Today? 737 and A320 for short and medium flights, 767 and A330 for the long ones... hopefully, AF is still operating here with its last two A340s, but the quadjet era is running out, and the airlines will soon transfer these last units to Joon.

If one day you go there, I would recommend this spotting site:

eLCK66R.jpg

Most of the time there is nobody there (excepted the local spotters), people tends to stay at the beach, but you can take much better pictures as most of the aircraft tends to touch down at this location. This without counting the fact that the engines melody is more clear.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:31 AM, YNM said:

So, the horizontal stripes side ?

Almost :D

I'm from the side with vertical stripes. The one without an official local flag, the national one being raised instead (same story for SBH and Guadeloupe, but Martinique was smarter and found a way to have a nice one with snakes on it)

However we have a coat of arms!

k25giAk.png

Wooooo, a pelican!.. ridiculous.

1 hour ago, XB-70A said:

Wooooo, a pelican!.. ridiculous.

Thats... pretty accurate.

oMjhEbJ.gif&f=1

As for me - apparently the most densely populated state in that country that ditched the commonwealth back in the 1700s

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.