KSP doesn't open

Recently I haven't been able to play KSP because I can't open it anymore. This is how things have gone:

After the computer performed some updates, I tried to open KSP. I bought it from Steam, but I run it trough the path Steam>steamapps>common>Kerbal Space Program, and it has always worked. But this time the screen turned black as usual, but no loading bar appeared. Nothing happened, so I closed KSP and tried again. From then, every time I open KSP, on the screen appears a message stating : " KSP has encountered an error and must close. A crash report named <<something>> has been generated. Do you want to open it? Yes/No". Bus as I click any mouse button on any part of the screen, the screen turns black and nothing happens. Then I close, and no crash report is in the usual place in the KSP folder, but I can find it searching the whole PC.

So I tried to update the 1.4.3 version to 1.4.4, but it didn't work. Then I replaced the 1.4.4 and not-working KSP folder with an old 1.2.2 I had, then I tried to update it, but I probably made a mess and the problem was not solved. So I tried to re-replace the KSP folder with another copy of the 1.2.2 one, but it seems that Steam doesn't see it has to be updated. 

So, what can I do?

3 hours ago, riki2048ksp said:

Recently I haven't been able to play KSP because I can't open it anymore. This is how things have gone:

After the computer performed some updates, I tried to open KSP. I bought it from Steam, but I run it trough the path Steam>steamapps>common>Kerbal Space Program, and it has always worked. But this time the screen turned black as usual, but no loading bar appeared. Nothing happened, so I closed KSP and tried again. From then, every time I open KSP, on the screen appears a message stating : " KSP has encountered an error and must close. A crash report named <<something>> has been generated. Do you want to open it? Yes/No". Bus as I click any mouse button on any part of the screen, the screen turns black and nothing happens. Then I close, and no crash report is in the usual place in the KSP folder, but I can find it searching the whole PC.

So I tried to update the 1.4.3 version to 1.4.4, but it didn't work. Then I replaced the 1.4.4 and not-working KSP folder with an old 1.2.2 I had, then I tried to update it, but I probably made a mess and the problem was not solved. So I tried to re-replace the KSP folder with another copy of the 1.2.2 one, but it seems that Steam doesn't see it has to be updated. 

So, what can I do?

Ummm, would be helpful to know your OS. I know that on a Mac, I had a similar problem until I rebooted, turned out some OS updates were waiting to be fully installed and were causing the game to fail.

Other than that, look in my sig for a link to a post which describes where the log files are and how to make them available.

Regarding Steam, I'd suggest deleting KSP, then going into the folder where Steam installs KSP and deleting the entire directory, then reinstall

26 minutes ago, riki2048ksp said:

First of all: the log files are not from the same game install. Your error.log was created a week ago and looks like a 1.4.x install (Unity 2017.1.3p1), the output_log is from a 1.3.0 install (Unity 5.4.0p4) and doesn't show any game crashes (but at least a vessel exploding^^). please be sure to upload the correct files. Anyway:

From your error.log:

nvd3dumx.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

That's your NVIDIA driver, check for an update or just reinstall your driver. Since you told us that you did some updates, this may already solves your problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.