I Made A KSP Mod And It's Not Working.. Please HELP

2 hours ago, CHE Cometcrash said:

all the coding is correct, it just wont work...

Hi, sadly if it doesn't load that statement is incorrect.  One misplaced punctuation mark or missing bracket will stop a part loading. What is actually wrong should be in the KSP.log,  search for the part name, does it  exist? if it does,  is it all loading?  are there any texture errors?  check the file path , make sure all the assets are in place. That said  with such limited information  nobody except you can fix it right now

To add to this, ensure that the version of KSP matches the KSP version expected by Kopernicus.  Finally the on load section of the log will shed some light o what might be happening.  without seeing the mod code is it difficult to determine what might be happening, but looking at the logs will help.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 7/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, CHE Cometcrash said:

I have made a KSP Mod and kopernicus comes up with:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object. It is the same in both the kopernicus log and ksp log. Please Help. PS: It is only one planet i have made, all the coding is correct, it just wont work...

You wouldn't be trying to run koprrnicus on KSP v1.4.4 would you?

If so it doesn't work in that ksp version

On 7/19/2018 at 7:12 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, sadly if it doesn't load that statement is incorrect.  One misplaced punctuation mark or missing bracket will stop a part loading. What is actually wrong should be in the KSP.log,  search for the part name, does it  exist? if it does,  is it all loading?  are there any texture errors?  check the file path , make sure all the assets are in place. That said  with such limited information  nobody except you can fix it right now

Well, i dont see any..  see if you can: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58duiki52loavx3/AADWH8p1iHoiZzxBOVfF8CHJa?dl=0

i am using korpernicus 1.3.1 v7

kittopiatech for 1.3.0 (But it has no issues)

Edited by CHE Cometcrash

On 7/19/2018 at 8:32 PM, Papa_Joe said:

To add to this, ensure that the version of KSP matches the KSP version expected by Kopernicus.  Finally the on load section of the log will shed some light o what might be happening.  without seeing the mod code is it difficult to determine what might be happening, but looking at the logs will help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58duiki52loavx3/AADWH8p1iHoiZzxBOVfF8CHJa?dl=0

Hi  straight away in your log  i see this ,  note that this IS your file set  your mod ,

[LOG 16:31:42.520] Load(Texture): ANewFuture/Textures/Rocko_Biome
[ERR 16:31:42.521] DDS: File is not a DDS format file!

[WRN 16:31:42.523] Texture load error in 'C:\Users\USER\Desktop\1.3\GameData\ANewFuture\Textures\Rocko_Biome.dds'
[LOG 16:31:42.526] Load(Texture): ANewFuture/Textures/Rocko_Height
[ERR 16:31:42.547] DDS: File is not a DDS format file!

[WRN 16:31:42.548] Texture load error in 'C:\Users\USER\Desktop\1.3\GameData\ANewFuture\Textures\Rocko_Height.dds'
[LOG 16:31:42.551] Load(Texture): ANewFuture/Textures/Rocko_Map
[ERR 16:31:42.555] DDS: File is not a DDS format file!

[WRN 16:31:42.556] Texture load error in 'C:\Users\USER\Desktop\1.3\GameData\ANewFuture\Textures\Rocko_Map.dds'

SO for starters your textures are not in a format kopernicus expects

And there you go, that error causes a problem for kopernicus , because of which it cannot load your defective planet

[LOG 16:32:23.532] [OD] Adding for body Rocko map named Rocko_Biome (CBRGB) for Rocko of path = ANewFuture/Textures/Rocko_Biome.dds
[LOG 16:32:23.543] [Kopernicus]: Bad DDS header.
[LOG 16:32:23.544] [Kopernicus]: failed to load C:/Users/USER/Desktop/1.3/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/ANewFuture/Textures/Rocko_Map.dds
[EXC 16:32:23.550] Exception: Failed to load Body: Rocko
	Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node)
	Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
	Kopernicus.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[Loader] (.ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
	Kopernicus.Injector.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[WRN 16:32:23.564] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

How to fix, by the looks of it , simply reformat the textures into the proper DDS format and all being well your planet should load.  Obviously if the rest of it is wrong, it still wont load.  Take  note the of info I posted here from your log. It says the same to me as you,  in the first section it clearly tells you there is a problem with your textures , and nicely  tells you exactly where and what .
The Log does not lie,  there are no second opinions,  fix the problems as they show in the log  and your problems will go away, and at the same time you will become familiar with debugging your own mods , as it's an essential skill, not optional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.