UomoCapra

KSP Enhanced Edition 2nd patch is live!

Question

Hello everyone!

The second patch for Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition is live!

This patch includes many bug fixes and improvements. We are also implementing new quality-of-life features taken directly from feedback provided by the community, such as the addition of Physwarp to the Radial Menu, the option to disable trim in the Mini-Settings, the inclusion of cursor speed settings, and more!

If you want to continue helping us out by providing us with feedback and bug-reports, you can do so through our Bugtracker.

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

========================= KSP Enhanced Edition Patch 2 =======================

+++Changes
* Added preview metadata to vessels. This fixes some issues and improves overall performance whenever vessels are being listed. 
* Add physwarp to Radial Menu 
* Option to disable trim in mini settings
* Modify response when using L-stick to move PAW sliders 
* Added cursor speed setting
* Added EVA functions to left/right dpad radial menus 
+++Fixed Bugs
* Editor text input box does not scroll horizontally 
* Game blocks using only emojis as quicksave name during a flight
* In precision control mode the Roll/Pitch/Yaw inputs are locked
* Opening the debug screen after a crash locks the game
* Title loses functionality when pausing the game while switching to the 'Crew' tab
* Rename flag window focus can be lost performing a set of actions on Simplified preset
* App Region becomes unresponsive using Simplified control scheme
* "Space Center" button can be focused and pressed at any moment using Simplified controls preset
* It is not possible to scroll through the 'Settings' menu when in the VAB and SPH
* Cursor disappears in the Space Center when closing the KSPedia with 'Time Warp' enabled 
* 'Select An App' feature has no functionality when creating a new subcategory in the VAB or SPH 
* The title loses functionality and freezes when the user rapidly deletes saves in the pause menu on the Career home screen.
* Broken input when using timewarp while planting a flag
* The application crashes when loading a save after planting a flag
* Flag cannot be changed when selecting 'Change Flag' from the pause menu in VAB
* Parts may no longer be interacted with after returning to the Space Center with a 'Confirm delete' prompt open
* The reset button cannot be used with the cursor enabled in the 'Actions' tab
* Title loses functionality after entering the pause menu while deleting a player made craft
* The A/Cross button remains on screen if all Applicants are hired on the Assigned or Lost tabs in the Astronaut Complex
* A Null Reference Exception occurs when selecting a single part after moving a part stack in the Staging Editor.
* Time Warp Mode' becomes stuck on the screen after resuming from a paused state on the 'Space Center' 
* Title becomes stuck in the 'Change a Flag' menu when attempting to dismiss the menu after previously entering it through the pause menu
* Changing a flag from the 'Space Center' allows the menu to become overlapped with other menus 
* There will be a non-functional 'Remove' option for 'Lost' K.I.A. Kerbals in the Astronaut Complex. 
* The Title terminates while scrolling through the list of ships with a large number of created ships
* Cursor disappears when resuming the title with the cursor previously on any of the advanced mode features
* There is incorrect Options text in the Basic Flight Tutorial on Xbox One. 
* The user is taken to a non functional KSC screen when selecting Recover Vessel during flight Training missions.
* Mission to Tylo Trophy is getting awarded too early
* Collect Data dialog is not capturing the Cross button
* Using look around with EVA makes it move
* Title loses functionality after pausing while reverting to the VAB from the 'Launch Pad'
* In Radial preset, map "Force Physwarp" to a key combo
* Directional buttons make Kerbals rotate while on EVA
* Selecting 'Controls' from the pause menu in the VAB/SPH will block the user
* The 'Pause Menu' can no longer be accessed after deleting a 'Custom Category' in the VAB/SPH
* Changing controls preset before placing the command module in the editor will cause many parts to remain locked
* Ambiguous Circle button terminology is displayed in the second Dialog box of the "Getting Started and Basic Construction" training 
* Fine move does not work when Angle Snap is toggled off in the Vehicle Assembly Building or Space Plane Hanger.
* The title loads a save file incorrectly and loses most functionality when bringing up the pause menu as a save file is loading while in gameplay.
* NREs are generated and players are unable to dismiss the 'Quicksave As...' prompt after reconnecting a controller during flight
* Difficulty options are lost when entering the VAB after editing settings in the Space Center during gameplay.
* Space Center buttons lose functionality after signing back into the active profile in the VAB and SPH 'Change Flag' menu and returning to the Title Screen
* Controls screen will remain on screen until title is closed and reopened if Flight Results screen appears prior to closing
* The 'QuickSave' button prompt has no functionality in the 'Continue Saved Game' menu when there is no created saved data
* PAWs require multiple button presses to appear 
* The User is unable to delete a save file when in gameplay.

Thank you and happy launchings!

• Like 2

Hi all,

I love this awesome game, but I'm struggling as well with two bugs. Sometimes I can't select any parts in the VAB and the other times ladders in EVA don't work. So I filed a ticket and Sasha is looking into this. However, I'm not certain how to reproduce the bugs, so I share my experiences with you guys, maybe together we find a solid way to reproduce them!

Both bugs are randomly reproduceable in the scenarios and training missions. All tests in radial input mode and with a freshly started game on the PS4, latest patch.

VAB selection bug: 
  1. Start training "Advanced Construction"
  2. Go inside VAB (Up + X)
  3. Press two times (X) Next to go through the dialog
  4. Select Mk1 command pod (X), pod appears without need to place it with cursor
  5. Focus is still in menu, pressing (X) again will select the pod in cursor mode but can't attach since a command pod was already placed automatically before
  6. BUG: Can't attach anything else anymore, nor select the command pod with cursor
Note: I assume the VAB editor has an issue with recognising the right command pod, happens also when loading a vehicle in career mode. But also can't add a second command module, this validation seems to work just the editor doesn't switch into the right context mode.

EVA ladder bug:
  1. Start scenario "EVA in Kerbin Orbit"
  2. Fly to space craft and try to grab ladder 
  3. Grab ladder nor board doesn't show up (square / circle button doesn't show up)... my dear Jebediah will float endlessly in space now
  4. Switching to the space craft and sending Bill or Bob to an EVA will render them on top of the ladder, but the context menu "(x) let go (o) board" will not show up nor will he be able to move on the ladder (carefully watching the render sequence tells me that his model doesn't snap to the ladder)
Note: reloading the scenario after successfully boarding keeps all members on board and doesn't reset the scenario probably... there is a loading issue/bug hidden.

My assumption is that both bugs might relate to each other, that the command modules doesn't load right in some cases. Their 3D models render correctly, but the snap points / interaction models in VAB bug as well the EVA ladder bug don't initialise correctly.

I really hope that this description puts you onto the right path to find those bugs, because they are game breaking and require a restart of the application (yepp, the bugs are persistent once triggered... very frustrating). The EVA ladder bug is harder to reproduce, but certain after the VAB bug occurred! Still don't know how to trigger the bug, there must be a correlation I don't unterstand yet. But I keep on testing...

Please let me know if you could reproduce the bugs this way.

Best regards,
Rouven