(EARLY WIP) Subnautika

vxcY9WmyBM07A19BwERqfWmhE-VfhPtcrmh1dgAtV44e4jAhKCncT0cQQ0d_IefoMkWB7fVTSTZk1xN3YpL9Rh8Q_y3_oV7azHactunujpKyDP3R1xb6GQz822BDIp0kffBgcs9u2pc

This is the WIP progress thread for my first ever mission, Subnautika, based off of and inspired by the sci-fi survival game Subnautica.

Built in stock KSP, no mods required.

The Kaurora was just beginning its 6-month long exploration mission to document the newly discovered ocean moon of Laythe. Built around orbit of Kerbin, the Kaurora began its journey to the green gas giant Jool and arrived about 3 months later. The crew consisted of 4 kerbals: Valentina, Bill, Bob, and Ryley. When the Kaurora finally braked into low Laythe orbit, however, it was hit by an unidentified energy pulse. All contact was lost.

The Kaurora's 2 lifepods deployed. Ryley was alone in Lifepod 5 while the other three bundled into Lifepod 4. While descending through the atmosphere, Ryley was hit on the head with a stray panel and knocked out. Hit pod safely deployed parachutes and flotation devices and landed by the shoreline of one of Laythe's scarce islands. 

And this is where the mission begins. Ryley must investigate the strange circumstances of the Kaurora's destruction while plumbing the deeper and darker secrets of this isolated and (so it seems) lifeless moon. 

The mission is still in its early stages of development, and I'll post an alpha version as soon as I get the story working (fiddling with some recreations of Subnautica's buildings).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest The Doodling Astronaut
1 hour ago, JB182 said:

i wanna play it. but one question: how do we get deeper into the sea if we can only swim on the surface?

I don't think this project is happening, since the forumer hasn't visited in 2 years :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, Jack White said:

Oh, how unfortunate that the authour disappeared. Very interesting roleplay mission, which I'd follow for sure. Maybe one day he'll come back there and tell us a story of his mission :valwink:

I wish more people did Missions in general, its an interesting feature that just flopped but has so much potential

the swimming could be possible with sunkworks as you can use scuba gear on a kerbal to sink them and make them swim underwater, and you can put a ballest control on any part and make a cyclops or seamoth, maybe even a prawn suit just using stock ore tanks that are full.

Edited by planeticegaming

7 hours ago, JustDark said:

I wish more people did Missions in general, its an interesting feature that just flopped but has so much potential

Big true. I fully agree with you. Despite troubles and the fact that the product was not polished  missions are one of the greatest features. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.