Steam Workshop - No Option To Update?

I have never really used Steam Workshop except as a user, to get assets for other games. So maybe I just don't understand something. I'm hoping that someone else can point me in the correct direction or tell me "yeah that's how it works."

I made a mission. It's called the Jool Mix-Up. I uploaded it to Steam through the KSP interface and as far as I can tell that's the only way to do it. In the Mission Briefing tab there's a Steam button and clicking that posts the mission on Steam.

It had a bug, which I fixed. The only way I could see to resubmit it to Steam was through the same interface, which I did. And it posted a 2nd Workshop item that looked exactly like the first one.

That one ALSO had a bug (Hey it's not just Squad that has to make multiple releases) and I just fixed it, and sure enough there are now 3 "Jool Mix-Up" missions in the workshop.

I've made the earlier 2 of them "Hidden" so new users won't be confused, but all the people subscribed to the earlier ones will not have any idea I updated. And even ignoring that this seems clunky enough for me to wonder... am I doing it wrong?

Edited by 5thHorseman

On 7/20/2018 at 10:12 PM, 5thHorseman said:

It had a bug, which I fixed. The only way I could see to resubmit it to Steam was through the same interface, which I did. And it posted a 2nd Workshop item that looked exactly like the first one.

I've only uploaded crafts, but the update process sounds exactly the same.  No discernible difference between submission and updating, however it worked as though it were an update and didn't end up duplicating any of my submissions.

Something the devs did under the hood broke my mission. It has taken me 3 days to fix it.

I go to submit it, it uploads a duplicate instead of merging.

I would really like to know how to fix this.

utNTYxe.png

A bug has been identified that is causing an issue with updating missions on steam workshop.
https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/19428

The work-around is as follows:
1) Go into steam workshop - select your mission you want to update. Remove the required DLC from your mission (the steam workshop item author can do this).
2) Once you have done 1) - you can export your updated mission to steam and it will update the original workshop item and re-add the required DLC.

IF you had already tried to update your mission before doing the steps above you will have two missions in the workshop. Do the following:
4) Delete the second copy of the mission from workshop.
5) Get the Workshop item ID of the first/original mission - the file ID is shown in the Web address at the top of the steam client/web browser when you select the workshop item.
5) Go into your <steam KSP folder>\Missions\<your mission>\persistent.mission file with a text editor and replace the <number>  steamPublishedFileId = <number>  with the original Steam Workshop Item ID. Then save your persistent.mission file.
6) Now do Steps 1) and 2).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.