Game goes into a lockdown on ESC

This is 1.4.4 related issue only, it never happened on 1.4.3 or any prior version.

When I play and go to VAB or SPH, then press ESC instead of Quit button, the game shows the Save/Load/Settings/Quit menu on the screen, which is OK.

Now, pressing ESC while the menu is displayed will hide the menu, but will not return the game to its normal state. Some controls are enabled, but quit doesn't work in SPH or VAB anymore, the right mouse click doesn't rotate, the Build/Actions/Crew assignment buttons are disabled, the Switch editor type does nothing, I can't pick any new parts, save the craft or do anything. Pressing ESC again does NOT bring the menu back, the game is locked, but it's not hanging. The highlight still works when moving mouse cursor over the craft, or any UI controls, but they just don't react.

The only way I can quit the game is via ALT+F4 and/or Alt+Tab and Close.

I tested it on plain vanilla 1.4.4, as well as modded one, and they behave the same. It never happened on 1.4.3 before, or any other prior version, and I played the game since 0.22 or something.

2 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

It's a known bug atm.

Sometimes using the debug menu (Alt+F12) and going to input locks, and clearing all input locks can help.

Thanks I will try that.

It's a shame the moment T2 takes over the game breaks in such simple way. 1.4.5 will break many mods again.

16 hours ago, Dre4dW0rm said:

Thanks I will try that.

It's a shame the moment T2 takes over the game breaks in such simple way. 1.4.5 will break many mods again.

Not sure what you mean?

T2 is just a producer. Ie. they pay the bills.

Squad still makes the game and is responsible for any bugs present. It is a rather unfortunate bug though yes. I hear there is a patch coming soon, hopefully it will be addressed.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

On 7/21/2018 at 11:01 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Not sure what you mean?

T2 is just a producer. Ie. they pay the bills.

Squad still makes the game and is responsible for any bugs present. It is a rather unfortunate bug though yes. I hear there is a patch coming soon, hopefully it will be addressed. 

You're right, not T2s fault, I think it was just my anger talking, after like 10th lock up. Everytime it happens, I lose the current mission, as well as another 10 min for restart.

I hope it gets fixed, but I think I will have to live with it for a lot longer, due to mod incompatibility the next version will bring again.

I really wished squad was more open about the changes, and which ones will or will not break the mods, so far it was very erratic since 0.22.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.