Procedural Avionics Issue

I'm currently running a career in 1.3.1 RSS/RO/RP-1 (Dev branch)/Principia installed a few weeks ago via @Bornholio's Golden Spreadsheet.  I've seen a number of what seem like minor bugs, the kind of thing you might expect in a mod set still under development (edit an SPH craft and it starts over, 0% completion, even if it was 100% done and all you asked for was to fill the tanks, etc.).  Today, I ran into another one, and I'm not certain whether it's a bug or just me not knowing what to expect.  I'll provide the .craft files if needed.

I built a vessel a few days ago (Baba Yaga Ia) that flew the first orbital launch of my "Take Four" career.  Relevant to this question, Baba Yaga Ia had a procedural avionics core, "start" level, booster type, set for minimum 10 T control and sized just below 100% usage, at the top of the final orbit stage, along with multiple A-4 Guidance Units in the booster and second stage.  Once I got into orbit, I was able to transmit my science (Telemetry Analysis and Geiger-Muller counter cosmic ray science from various biomes) until the battery ran down.

Fast forward to today; upgraded craft Baba Yaga Ic made it to polar orbit (with a 20 second over-burn on the AJ10-42 final stage and a little help from RCS), with a procedural avionics core in the orbit stage, configured as "Post-War Avionics", Booster, and 15 T capacity around 100% usage -- and after this cropped up the first time, I added a quartet of Sputnik PS-1 antennae.  Even when I have connection and full pitch/yaw/roll/forward control on RCS, I don't even get the science data popup offering to reset experiment, keep data, or transmit data.  It seems the avionics core is now automatically storing the data, thus rendering an experiment like the Geiger-Muller Counter a one-shot, rather than letting me transmit the data each time the craft passes over a new biome.

As far as the avionics go, the only change here is upgrading to "Post-war" from "start" grade.  Did I accidentally change a setting, or is there a bug in the "post-war" grade booster avionics core?

Never seen that, but i'm not a heavy proc avionics user.  Even if it has any science container functions they should not auto grab any science. And even with no avionics tonnage (say a aerobee core) you can do normal things with science.

Can you click on an antenna and force transmit ?  Using [X] science! or other science grabber mod?

All the proc avionics info: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0

Spreadsheet showing how it functions and examples: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpuszH_nUbWlTXZzfOMzsy-uhUNh016eNu0WL8x6qvU/edit#gid=1101913381

the config contains this on a module entry:

name = ModuleScienceContainer
		reviewActionName = Review Stored Data
		storeActionName = Stored Experiments
		evaOnlyStorager = False
        storageRange = 2.0

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/blob/master/GameData/RP-0/Tree/ProceduralAvionics.cfg

maybe post over in IRC or discord also, since its been really quiet. I won't be able to answer for a couple days.

Edited by Bornholio

I had in fact tried right clicking both the avionics core and one of the antennae during the flight, nothing there that I could transmit or review.

I found the problem, though -- but I still don't understand why it's a problem.  I compared the two versions of Baba Yaga in the VAB and found one difference that might be significant to the avionics -- the core on the orbit stage was set as the root part on the original, but due to some experiments with core and battery sizing and test fitting a Sputnik PS-1 during the upgrade, the root was the tank below the core on the Ic version.  I rerooted and launched again (there was a convenient contract to send a "sounding rocket" to 3500 km -- on the second try, when the third stage engine did not fail, I was able to push just over 4000 by running the ullage thrusters for a while after third stage cutoff, though I had 3500 nailed when the UDMH/IWFNA ran out in the AJ10-42).  On the way up, I tested by doing a telemetry analysis -- and the data transmitted as expected (though it had no science value; I was "in space above Earth's shores" which gets a lot of traffic).

Now, the only thing I can think of that would cause it to matter whether the avionics were root part or not is if the science automatically transfers to the root part -- and science data landing in a empty propellant tank isn't very useful, and difficult to remove.  Important thing, for me, is knowing how to deal with the problem.  I still think this is a subtle bug, but it's now one I know how to work around.  For my game play, I'm much more concerned about edits for SPH craft, even just "fill tanks," causing a 0% completion condition.

Meantime, I need to launch another polar orbiter (or take the sun-synchronous contract) to get the cosmic ray and "space near" telemetry science from all the remaining biomes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.