Just came home from Florida

TheKSPBeginner

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I wish I had known... I've been looking for an excuse to go back over and visit... :)

Wait you need an excuse? Is the opportunity to just go and see it not excuse enough?  also spiedie recipe pls?

• 2 to 3 pounds beef, pork, venison, lamb or chicken, cut into small cubes, at most 1-inch square
  •  Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
  • PREPARATION

• Make the marinade: Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Add the meat to the marinade and cover tightly, or place into large, re-sealable plastic bags and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours (or 10 to 12 hours for chicken).
  • Build a fire in your grill, leaving about 1/3 of grill free of coals, or set a gas grill to high.
  • Remove the meat from its marinade and thread onto metal skewers, or wooden ones that you have soaked in water for 30 minutes or so. The chunks can be placed quite close together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • When coals are covered with gray ash and fire is still quite high (you can hold your hand 5 inches above coals for only a couple of seconds), place the skewers of meat directly over the flames. Allow the meat to cook, undisturbed, for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, then use kitchen tongs to turn them over and repeat on the other side. Continue turning the skewers every couple of minutes until the meat is deeply crisp at its edges, and cooked entirely through, approximately another 5 to 7 minutes. (Remove them to the cool side of the grill if they begin to burn, and cover the grill to allow them to smoke-roast until finished; this is much less likely to happen on a gas grill.)
  • Allow the spiedies to rest on a cutting board for a few minutes, then remove the meat from the skewers onto cut hero rolls or a plate. Serve with hot sauce on the side.
  • there ya go, fresh F1 thingies

anyways, pictures still coming soon

14 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:
  • 2 to 3 pounds beef, pork, venison, lamb or chicken, cut into small cubes, at most 1-inch square
  •  Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
  • PREPARATION

• Make the marinade: Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Add the meat to the marinade and cover tightly, or place into large, re-sealable plastic bags and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours (or 10 to 12 hours for chicken).
  • Build a fire in your grill, leaving about 1/3 of grill free of coals, or set a gas grill to high.
  • Remove the meat from its marinade and thread onto metal skewers, or wooden ones that you have soaked in water for 30 minutes or so. The chunks can be placed quite close together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • When coals are covered with gray ash and fire is still quite high (you can hold your hand 5 inches above coals for only a couple of seconds), place the skewers of meat directly over the flames. Allow the meat to cook, undisturbed, for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, then use kitchen tongs to turn them over and repeat on the other side. Continue turning the skewers every couple of minutes until the meat is deeply crisp at its edges, and cooked entirely through, approximately another 5 to 7 minutes. (Remove them to the cool side of the grill if they begin to burn, and cover the grill to allow them to smoke-roast until finished; this is much less likely to happen on a gas grill.)
  • Allow the spiedies to rest on a cutting board for a few minutes, then remove the meat from the skewers onto cut hero rolls or a plate. Serve with hot sauce on the side.
  • there ya go, fresh F1 thingies

anyways, pictures still coming soon

OK... Wait.... How do you know about Speedies?

They're from only one place in the whole country... are you telling me you're from somewhere near my hometown (Binghamton NY)???

BTW... I have the marinade recipe... but that's a super top secret NDA kind of information.

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Kernel Kraken said:

No one was talking about racing or a speedie recipe. What the heck is going on?

True... sorry. It's just I almost never see anyone mentioning Speedies... As for Florida... 

On 7/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, qzgy said:

Wait you need an excuse? Is the opportunity to just go and see it not excuse enough?  also spiedie recipe pls?

No, not really... it's just the middle of summer, and the rainy season... and not the best time to drive across the state.

Maybe later in the fall... There'll be more snowbirds and tourists, but it won't be like walking around in a sauna.

5 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

No one was talking about racing or a speedie recipe. What the heck is going on?

I see you didn't see the fine print in my post earlier.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

No, not really... it's just the middle of summer, and the rainy season... and not the best time to drive across the state.

Maybe later in the fall... There'll be more snowbirds and tourists, but it won't be like walking around in a sauna.

Ohhhh..... So its a weather thing.

Dont see the problem with snowbirds. Tourists... yeah that might be a bit annoying. But better than being in a sauna.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.