Jumping landing gear

How about some basic informations like your KSP version or something we should do now. Is this some kind of a bug report or do you want help to fix the problem? Since we are talking about KSP, I wouldn't even be surprised if you would ask for a way to make the gears even more bouncy so you can jump to the mun...

8 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

How about some basic informations like your KSP version or something we should do now. Is this some kind of a bug report or do you want help to fix the problem? Since we are talking about KSP, I wouldn't even be surprised if you would ask for a way to make the gears even more bouncy so you can jump to the mun...

Latest steam version. I want to fix this

1 hour ago, JShine said:

Latest steam version. I want to fix this

Ok :)

So, I did a quick test and the very same craft works fine in 1.4.3 but bounces like yours in 1.4.4. so it seems to be a bug in 1.4.4..

Anyway, you can work around the problem by:

-increase damper strength to 2
-reduce spring strength to 0.5
  or reduce it even more if is still bouncing

Also, I'll create a bug report ;) 

2 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Ok :)

So, I did a quick test and the very same craft works fine in 1.4.3 but bounces like yours in 1.4.4. so it seems to be a bug in 1.4.4..

Anyway, you can work around the problem by:

-increase damper strength to 2
-reduce spring strength to 0.5
  or reduce it even more if is still bouncing

Also, I'll create a bug report ;) 

Yeah, i played around some with it and that thing really buggy

Not only had nobody fixed it I believe that no one has even tested it.

1.45 and my first aircraft is bouncing like an idiot at an idiot party.

It needs fixing and needs it now. I don't know how you can let a game go out in this state. It is beyond reason.

I am very, very disappointed in you guys.

Well, same for me. My plane is jumping and literally somersaults (probably because of it's center of lift) before exploding into tiny little pieces

I remedy this by strapping my plane to launch clamp and angle it at 5 degrees, fire up the engine, wait until it's on full thrust, and release the clamp

• 3 weeks later...

What happeneds if you increase the spring strength and the dampers?

The gear is definitely buggy and shouldn't be bouncing like that. I didn't know if you could minimize it though by messing with the spring and damper settings.

I would say that's a lot of weight for the fixed gear. Those are for small aircraft....like a Cessna. Like one MK1 fuelselage section....not three, or three the Mark 0 ones not three of the Mark 1 ones....

With a craft that size you should be using the light retractable landing gear or bigger....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.