New nuclear warhead

SO, since there does not seem to be a nuclear warhead mod compatible with bdac 1.4.4, I built an extremely simple one. Aka a rescaled small warhead with a modified .cfg.

1. Is this allowed under the bdac licence?

2. Am I allowed to share it?

Also, how will I make the ablater consume faster so as to keep things cool?

Edited by Xd the great

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Aka a rescaled small warhead with a modified .cfg.

Hi I'm afraid that simply upping the TNT mass does not create a nuke effect  KSP nuKes looked like this  and destroyed things  up to 40 km away. Simply editing a cfg is something many players do, for your personal enjoyment you can do anything you wish
JSTf43P.png

The best option is to grab a copy of unity and part tools and see if as a starting point you can make a workable FX  ( that actually doesnt look like cotton wool balls or dandruff )  As non of the current BDA booms will get anywhere near ( i know theyre my xxxx ups)

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi I'm afraid that simply upping the TNT mass does not create a nuke effect  KSP nuKes looked like this  and destroyed things  up to 40 km away. Simply editing a cfg is something many players do, for your personal enjoyment you can do anything you wish
JSTf43P.png

The best option is to grab a copy of unity and part tools and see if as a starting point you can make a workable FX  ( that actually doesnt look like cotton wool balls or dandruff )  As non of the current BDA booms will get anywhere near ( i know theyre my xxxx ups)

Ah i see, but what about uploading and sharing?

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Rather than sharing assets exactly the same thing can be achieved with an 8 line module manager patch. And requires no licensing, for patches a simple dropbox link or paste is enough

So i do have to write some types of module manager instead of just uploading a new part.

On 7/23/2018 at 12:48 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

JSTf43P.png

I have downloaded everything, the unity and part tools. How can I create an Fx?

51 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

I have downloaded everything, the unity and part tools. How can I create an Fx?

https://www.raywenderlich.com/148158/introduction-to-unity-particle-systems

https://docs.unity3d.com/2017.1/Documentation/Manual/PartSysUsage.html

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PartSysExplosion.html

Once you've made an effect  it is exported to KSP as a .mu including textures using part tools.

Be warned what you see in unity ( thanks to the horrors perpetrated on the particle system by some nameless individual)  is  not what you see in game,  it takes many changes and many exports to get things just right,  and the results are achieved partly by using the potentially awesome unity system and the less than ok KSP particle emitter .

There are no related KSP tutorials, no hints and tips from whoever in squad created, and can allegedly use it to any effect,   we asked they remained silent, so just like the rest of us you'll have to work it out as you go.     From there you simply call the explosion FX from cfg via  the explosion model path in the weapon modules.  

25 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

https://www.raywenderlich.com/148158/introduction-to-unity-particle-systems

https://docs.unity3d.com/2017.1/Documentation/Manual/PartSysUsage.html

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PartSysExplosion.html

Once you've made an effect  it is exported to KSP as a .mu including textures using part tools.

Be warned what you see in unity ( thanks to the horrors perpetrated on the particle system by some nameless individual)  is  not what you see in game,  it takes many changes and many exports to get things just right,  and the results are achieved partly by using the potentially awesome unity system and the less than ok KSP particle emitter .

There are no related KSP tutorials, no hints and tips from whoever in squad created, and can allegedly use it to any effect,   we asked they remained silent, so just like the rest of us you'll have to work it out as you go.     From there you simply call the explosion FX from cfg via  the explosion model path in the weapon modules.  

Ohh thanks a lot. TERSTING IN SERIOUS PROGRESS.

8 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Also, @SpannerMonkey(smce), am I allowed to use the model.mu and jpeg from bdac parts?

I still havent learned how to create new parts, so I guess i will use these working mesh to do the testing.

You cannot change an effect once it is baked into a mu,  you can't make it bigger or smaller , you can't change it's shape , there is nothing that you can export from an fx  mu  and use again , not even an idea of how it's done.  The texture format you should use is either png of dds , do not use jpeg.  .  So follow the instructions i linked,  and  keep practicing until you can , there are no shortcuts with FX,  you make your own , the only way to get what you want is to put in the effort and make it yourself. 

20 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You cannot change an effect once it is baked into a mu,  you can't make it bigger or smaller , you can't change it's shape , there is nothing that you can export from an fx  mu  and use again , not even an idea of how it's done.  The texture format you should use is either png of dds , do not use jpeg.  .  So follow the instructions i linked,  and  keep practicing until you can , there are no shortcuts with FX,  you make your own , the only way to get what you want is to put in the effort and make it yourself. 

No, i mean resize the stuff just by messing with the .cfg

So I just copied out the entire file, mess with the .cfg file in the copy, and make it into a new part.

I managed to create something that looks like a nuclear explosion, i inserted the ksp part tools, I can find the .mu file, but i cannot find the .jpg file after extraction. Is this normal @SpannerMonkey(smce) ?

Edited by Xd the great

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.