Stable version with mods, no missing parts

Hello,

My problem is that I want to play with mods and stuff but KSP keeps Updating itself and thereby the Parts from Installed mods gets missing and the Satellites orbiting Jool (Was hard Work) didn't get loaded and went missing.
For installing mods I use CKAN.

How do I prevent KSP from Updating itself and get incompatible with the installed mods to prevent that issue?
I Already lost a lot of work and that's annoying.

- Is there a solution that keeps a consistent KSP Version to Play with for a longer time and how do I apply this?

- Is there a method to manage different installations of KSP with different mods for different types of gaming?
--> I want to have a version to show people space maneuvers with tree body dynamics.
Or a version where I can show a moon landing again and again.

Greetings RajHid

You can right click on programs in Steam and set it to "not updated until you launch the game."

Then you can right click on it again, go to the betas tab and set it to an earlier version of the game that was stable with all your mods.

Then you can open the game folder find the ksp.exe or the 64bit version of the exe, right click on it and send a copy of the short cut to desktop and double click on that to launch the game with Steam closed....so you never lauch the game from Steam in the first place.....thusly it never updates.

Lastly if you haven't run the game a bunch of times since this happened, there's a backup save folder in the save game folder that jas like five recent backup copies of your save. Delete or move your normal persistent.sfs file and copy and paste one of the backup saves into the save folder where the one was that you deleted/moved. Then rename it to persistent.sfs by deleting the string of numbers in brackets and the space....so it just says "persistent.sfs.

If you have no backup saves left from before this happening, hopefully you have a manual save that you didn't corrupt by opening it in the updated version of the game....

Don't know why someone couldn't have told you any of this earlier....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.