Kerbals, Command Seats, and Service Bays.

Playing on 1.4.3 currently. Was able to get everything in the service bay to not create drag in atmosphere except the kerbal in the command seat. (command seat was also 0 drag)

Has anyone successfully done this using a stock service bay? I also installed MRS and tried out its MK1 rocket payload bay, also to no avail, which makes me think its not a clipping issue and more of a "Dont put kerbals in the cargo bay" issue.

19 minutes ago, MadArkael said:

Playing on 1.4.3 currently. Was able to get everything in the service bay to not create drag in atmosphere except the kerbal in the command seat. (command seat was also 0 drag)

Has anyone successfully done this using a stock service bay? I also installed MRS and tried out its MK1 rocket payload bay, also to no avail, which makes me think its not a clipping issue and more of a "Dont put kerbals in the cargo bay" issue.

Its a physics engine issue. I guess.

3 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

This was a bug, it's now fixed. Kerbals are protected from drag in cargo/materials bays provided you have 1.4.4.

Cupcake...

Appreciated. Poor Bob was accounting for over 50% of my vessels total drag. He might of poofed at about 20k :S

3 hours ago, Deddly said:

I think @Cupcake...got it.

Also, moved to Gameplay Questions :)

Thank you sir :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.