Hello!

I use KSP 1.3.1 with RSS, FAR and KJR and a few other mods. I want my game to be as realistic as possible. I don't use Realism Overhaul because it doesn't support every mod I have.

I've made an airliner that is a little smaller than the Airbus A318. I tweaked Squad engines to get rid of fuel and use Electric Charge instead. It uses SXT and some other mods.

I just want to have flutter to make it even more realistic.

I disabled autostrut and rigid attachment on the wings and there's still no flutter. I'm pretty sure it's because of KJR.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to uninstall KJR because I'm afraid structural failures will happen.

Is it a good idea to uninstall KJR? How can I get realistic flutter on my wings?

Thanks

P.S. : Flutter definitely doesn't work. I've made a fixed wing aerodyne just to experiment flutter, which should obviousely happen

https://imgur.com/gallery/tc0lDRR

(This is obviously not the airliner I talked about earlier.)

On 7/24/2018 at 10:42 AM, Kommodore said:

P.S. : Flutter definitely doesn't work. I've made a fixed wing aerodyne just to experiment flutter, which should obviousely happen

https://imgur.com/gallery/tc0lDRR

(This is obviously not the airliner I talked about earlier.)

I get some flutter with some wings without any of those mods....If I understand what you are talking about....

You mean you want the wings to kinda flap up and down? (I think)

That happens to me with some longer wings....it depends on the wings. I notice it more the longer the wing, but particularly with the bigger longer solid wings I unlocked later in the game....

It didn't do it much with the initial wings unless I stuck several together to extend them. I remember I had to attach wire struts to some of them to keep them stable....

• 2 months later...

If you have seen my Imgur post, you noticed my testbed (I also gave some x-axis moments to distribute lift away from the fuselage) should have its structural integrity compromised. But wings remained in their perfectly 0° dihedral angle. It probably is to be considered as irrealistic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.