A simple selfie by the temple.

1 hour ago, Nightguard said:

im still a noob, wheres the temple/ how do i scan it as an anomaly to find its position in the desert?

Put a Rovemate probe core in a 6500km Kerbin orbit. It has 100% anomaly detection and from that distance with 10° FOV you can use Kerbnet to mark waypoints for all Kerbin's anomalies - zoom in to 5° FOV to get more accuracy. My advice would be to not actually put the Rovemate in control of anything - make it a passenger. (For the Mun, a 2000km orbit works well). And to accurately fix the positions of polar anomalies it will help to move to a polar orbit - ie the closer you are to being directly above an anomaly, the better your fix will be.

When you have marked the waypoints try looking for one somewhere around the Dessert Launch Site.

Edited by mystifeid

2 hours ago, Triop said:

Just upload a screenshot of your craft near the temple and you win gloriousness, if that's even a word.

It is actually a word :D 

So, which craft would be the most impracticle one I can grab to go there :confused: Not really a hard decission since there are just 2 flyable crafts in the savegame loaded right now, so lets pick the big one:

vR5Vhvu.png

Easy. I drove a rover from the Dessert Airfield all the way to the temple a few weeks back.....

5swVyQs.png

r314Nco.png

......before proceeding to drive over 200 km more across the desert in an epic journey to reach KSC.

0EZCabF.png

I think this rover's pretty cool. I named it 'Scorpion' because its first test was in the desert.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.