Mission Of The Week: The Tylo Snatch

SQUAD

Due to his unwitty nature, Bob jettisoned the Tylo Lander’s booster stage too early during his ascent from this Joolian Moon. Now, he hasn’t enough fuel to get into orbit for his rendezvous with the Joolseeker starship… It is up to you to save Bob’s life in this fun and challenging mission. Don’t forget to share your score! - By Snark

https://bit.ly/2LLR2TV

• 4 weeks later...

When I first saw this I thought it meant to "move" Tylo but it was just a rescue mission :/ Although they are still fun!

I wonder how much force would it take to move a small moon out of orbit without mods? :huh:

1 hour ago, Hoff said:

I wonder how much force would it take to move a small moon out of orbit without mods? :huh:

Can't be done. KSP's celestial bodies do not actually abide by gravity and instead move on predetermined paths. They are the paths gravity would have set if it was being simulated, but it's not. 

1 hour ago, Hoff said:

Well, the physics in KSP do not behave like that.

An example is that celestial bodies also have the capacity of clipping into the other one, with HyperEdit.

Edited by Pascovian
Editor magic

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.