How to post pics of craft?

I have made some pretty amazing craft in my time, such as the KEV Mk. III and the multitude of stock bombers with cruise missiles, seaplane capabilities, hypersonic speed, and transcontinental range. I really want to showcase them, but I have no idea how to post these pictures on one of these posts. Also, for ingame photography’s sake, how do you blank out the HUD? I can retract the navball, but all the other things are very persistent.

we enjoy picture sharing here for sure. 1st take screencaps=f1,  to remove hud=f2. there are documents on this info within the wiki's to help with various other settings etc.

you would have to upload the pics to a public server and then point to them in the forums of your choice. personally I like this location to post my crafts and adventures ::

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22565-show-off-your-awesome-ksp-pictures/

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22565-show-off-your-awesome-ksp-pictures/&page=553

hope this helps

Jammer

1 hour ago, QvestionAnswerNeeded said:

I play on a Mac. I take screenshots with Cmnd+Shift+3. Are you sure its right? Also, thx for the links, pics might take a little while though :(

Also, couldn't you just start a topic and 'Insert'?

He is right about the screenshots. You take them with F1

The screenshot button can be rebound under settings>input>game>ui, the hide HUD button under settings>input>game>general.

If you want to show off your craft, the spacecraft exchange is the best place. You could either start one topic for all of your crafts, or individual ones for each. You can post links to the craft files there if you want to also.

The screenshots are saved to <your KSP directory>\Screenshots. Craft files are saved to <Your KSP directory>\saves\<Your savename>\Ships\<SPH or VAB>

To post pictures, you have to host them with a third-party, the forums do not allow uploading. A lot of people use imgur, since it's free and you don't even need an account. You can just paste a direct link to the images (ending in .jpg or .png) and the forums will autoembed it:

me4opv8.png

Same with .craft files, upload them anywhere then paste the link, it will automatically be turned into a clickable link. https://kerbalx.com/ is the most common host, since it's built for KSP, but dropbox or anything else will work. Generally steam workshop links are not used, since many people don't own the game on steam.

Note that although there appears to be support for imgur albums, that does not work.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:56 AM, QvestionAnswerNeeded said:

I really want to showcase them.

@Mad Rocket Scientist mentioned KerbalX and I want to give a real thumbs up to this site.  It's just fantastic.  You can share you craft with others. Also,  you can post up as many pics and videos as well.  There is a also a very good mod you can install that will integrate it into your game so you can download craft directly into your game or upload your creations from the VAB and SPH.   I just love KerbalX.

Edited by Klapaucius

22 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

Also,  you can post up as many pics and videos as well. 

Wells...  me thinkst you still have to find a pic/video host. 

KerbalX seems to play nicely with IMGUR and YouTube links and those are what most people seem to use. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.