[Resolved] Help modeling airplane windows

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully you've figured out a solution by now, but if not, here's a few ways to get the result you want:

-Enable the LoopTools addon packaged with blender and use the Flatten tool on the selected faces.

-Alternatively, switch to the 'Normal' transform orientations, and scale the faces along the Z axis (Press S, and then Z twice to scale along the normal Z axis)

@Bottle Rocketeer 500  Not a worry. A lot of times it takes modeling out a piece before you really get a sense of how the shape is actually formed in real life. The moment I flattened in the windows like that in that screenshot, I realized they were probably not designed to be flat, as evidenced by the odd spacing between the frame and the fuselage.

If I may offer some free advice though. Whenever you plan to punch holes into a cylindrical shape, it pays to keep a copy of the untouched mesh around. You've probably already noticed the pinching artifacts that have crept up around the centerline near the window cutouts. When you start  If you keep a copy of the untouched mesh around, you can use it as a target for the shrinkwrap modifier and get back your perfect curvature, while still being able to throw in plenty of new loop cuts. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.