How to re-download 1.4.3

yautay

14 hours ago, yautay said:

I got KSP from Store.

Ah... well, rule number one of the KSP direct download is to never delete older zips until you're sure you'll never want them again.

I only see the options to get 1.4.5, 1.3.1, and 1.2.1 and older.  

Just going to have to wait till the mod comes current to 1.4.5 probably. 

Usually I don't have a Steam install of KSP, because after an update I first let Steam install a fresh vanilla copy on my harddrive, which I move to a separate folder right away. From there I build a new game.

For me a KSP update means starting a new save. Or I just keep playing the install/save I'm playing in allready. (Like the 1.3.1 save I'm still playing now, because that is one of those "epic" saves). In that way everything keeps working as I like. When I get bored of that save, I'll switch to the folder with the latest update and start building a new modded install....and start all over again!....and again....and again :wink:

hello

how can i download KSP version 1.4.2 ? that is latest version which supported stock visual terrain, stock visual enhancement and scatterer.

I have the game from STEAM, but i dont see any option there to download older versions.

But i suppose i can have the game client from other source. 

I'm on mobile, so no links for

10 hours ago, papuchalk said:

I have the game from STEAM, but i dont see any option there to download older versions.

But i suppose i can have the game client from other source. 

Don't do it. You don't need, and you expose yourself to malware (God knows if that source is trustworthy). 

Google for download_depot,  get the info from steamdb and learn to use steam://nav.console 

It's your best option.

— EDIT — 

Okie Dokie, I'm on my Desktop now. On the spoiler below, the complete Step by Step:

Spoiler
  1. open your browser and type steam://nav/console
  2. Go to https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=kerbal+space+program and select the depots you want. Or just keep reading for KSP 1.4.3 . :) 
  3. For the KSP itself, type one of the following commands depending of your O.S.:
    1. win32: download_depot 200200 200201 717641870804593732
    2. MacOS: download_depot 200200 200202 333878936698232953
    3. Linux: download_depot 200200 200203 2817888699278877812
    4. Win64: download_depot 200200 200204 1261045722296694888
  4. If you had bought Making History (you didn't? I think you should!):
    1. download_depot 283740 283740 4120970184022790720
  5. Go do something else. this can take a while
    1. There's no progress info anywhere - all you can do is to watch the Download Meter to see what's happening
  6. Keep an eye on the console. It will print the full pathname of the downloaded depot once it finishes
    1. Zip it and save it on a safe place. You never know what tomorrow will bring
    2. Move the binary to the place where you want it
      1. Copy the M.H. to the GameData as usual
    3. Fun!

If you want some of the localizaton for M.H. , search for it on steamdb -  it's a similar process. The Manifest id for the 1.4.3 is the third one from top to bottom on the Manifest Tab.

If you are a steam user, you are allowed to do it. Don't worry about doing anything 'wrong', if you try to download something you didn't brought, the Steam App will not allow you to download it.

Edited by Lisias

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.