UomoCapra

Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 and Making History 1.4 is live!

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Lego_Prodigy said:

I bought it from this site

If you log in here, you should be able to click the yellow "My Account" button to the right and download it from the page that opens. Please let me know if you have any problems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, XLjedi said:

it's the rover Tunnel O' Doom!!!   

This could be a mini-challenge:
Create a new sandbox game in KSP 1.4.5.
Download the persistent.sfs from the bug-tracker (18017) into that newly-created save-folder.  
Select the 'Main Testing Rover' on the runway and time starts at 5:15.  
Drive as fast as you dare, but very carefully, through the Tunnel O' Doom and deploy the panels on the other side.  
Fastest time wins. https://imgur.com/a/B9XxABv

Maybe a contestant will recognize what exactly is going wrong with the collision-detection.

Edited by OHara
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Special points for uploading output logs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess, if they're interesting.

Badges for finding conditions that exacerbate, or avoid, the bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OHara said:

This could be a mini-challenge:
Create a new sandbox game in KSP 1.4.5.
Download the persistent.sfs from the bug-tracker (18017) into that newly-created save-folder.  
Select the 'Main Testing Rover' on the runway and time starts at 5:15.  
Drive as fast as you dare, but very carefully, through the Tunnel O' Doom and deploy the panels on the other side.  
Fastest time wins. https://imgur.com/a/B9XxABv

Maybe a contestant will recognize what exactly is going wrong with the collision-detection.

@Darth Badie Get on this.  Fantastic idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will you guys fix the bug on the asymmetrical body lift of the rocket fuselage when attached on mirror symmetry node in SPH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chankasan said:

asymmetrical body lift of the rocket fuselage when attached on mirror symmetry

That question raises more questions.  You might be noticing the old problem with overlay arrows.  If it is new in the version of this announcement I haven't seen anybody notice it.
Unless someone from Squad answers and recognizes what you mean, you might need to explain more in the Technical Support sub-forum to make sure they know about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chankasan said:

When will you guys fix the bug on the asymmetrical body lift of the rocket fuselage when attached on mirror symmetry node in SPH

Have you raised a bug report on the bug tracker? or know of one already raised?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See every time I read these bug fixes, I think,
"How in the actual kraken did someone find that, and then how were they able to explain that in a bug report..."

Like, what scenario leads to a vessel being splashed inside another vessel, and then placed outside physics range.

Oh wait that was probably nexters lab or Danny...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kerbin said:

See every time I read these bug fixes, I think,
"How in the actual kraken did someone find that, and then how were they able to explain that in a bug report..."

Like, what scenario leads to a vessel being splashed inside another vessel, and then placed outside physics range.

Oh wait that was probably nexters lab or Danny...

Because that wasn’t what was reported; but rather was the root cause of the problem once the bug report was investigated.

The point is: if you find something you think is a bug. You raise a bug report on the bug tracker with as much inf - save files - logs etc. which provides QA and Devs much more info to investigate and identify a bug , it’s root cause, and apply a fix.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Like, what scenario leads to a vessel being splashed inside another vessel, and then placed outside physics range.

You can see how this mystery unraveled, if you like, following these links:   Someone doing what they thought was normal playing found it difficult to avoid the bug, "your game is unplayable", but then once somebody confirms the problem (on the bug-tracker) with a different save-game, it gets narrowed down pretty quickly, and then in this case fixed pretty quickly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OHara and @JPLRepo

Might have mis-spoke. I was more wondering about how exactly someone might have gotten into a situation that caused said bug, and then how they would have explained how to replicate said situation that lead to the issue in a bug report.

Really was just having a chuckle at all the crazy stuff players get up to in ksp. Ie; What was someone trying to do when they discovered that that y specific thing caused x specific issue that turned out to be z bug. 

 

TLDR; knows how bug finding, reporting, etc works, just found it funny how specific a situation was to cause an issue that wouldn’t arise in “normal” gameplay. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

TLDR; knows how bug finding, reporting, etc works, just found it funny how specific a situation was to cause an issue that wouldn’t arise in “normal” gameplay. 

Transporting stuff around Kerbin by seaplane is pretty normal gameplay for me.  Sometimes I like to play ocean recovery/rescue missions too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XLjedi said:

Transporting stuff around Kerbin by seaplane is pretty normal gameplay for me.  Sometimes I like to play ocean recovery/rescue missions too.

True but that normal doesn’t involve having a separate vessel splashed inside another vessel while out of physics range.

Tho I suppose that could occur.... nah I perfer my, “someone was doing something absolutely bonkers and I hope to see the video on reddit,”  theory. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kerbin said:

someone was doing something absolutely bonkers and I hope to see the video on reddit

Sounds more realistic than the actual bug description :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

@OHara and @JPLRepo

Might have mis-spoke. I was more wondering about how exactly someone might have gotten into a situation that caused said bug, and then how they would have explained how to replicate said situation that lead to the issue in a bug report.

Really was just having a chuckle at all the crazy stuff players get up to in ksp. Ie; What was someone trying to do when they discovered that that y specific thing caused x specific issue that turned out to be z bug. 

 

TLDR; knows how bug finding, reporting, etc works, just found it funny how specific a situation was to cause an issue that wouldn’t arise in “normal” gameplay. 

 

My comment wasn't directly at you.. rather a general statement.
Raising good bug reports with as much info as you can provide to help us; means we can help you.
One line statements on a forum about a potential bug you may have found are unlikely to be noticed by QA or Devs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2018 at 2:36 AM, JPLRepo said:

My comment wasn't directly at you.. rather a general statement.
Raising good bug reports with as much info as you can provide to help us; means we can help you.
One line statements on a forum about a potential bug you may have found are unlikely to be noticed by QA or Devs.

Speaking of.  I have attached links in the 18017 report with two videos showing the Mk3 Ramp / Extendable Panel using stock and mod panels.  I'm going to try and test more this weekend.  It anyone knows of a mod Mk3 ramp, I'd love to test it with panels to narrow down the culprit.  I have noticed that the height of the panels may matter.

edit: Uploaded a new save file to the bug report.  Vehicle now has panels of various height and two tunnels are included.  One made of just the ramps and one of just the bay.  The Ramp is definitely at fault.

Video below.  Great for the kids who love Kerbal explosions.

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by klgraham1013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

so when this game will "FINISH" ?

When the milk runs dry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh! I can't keep up with you guys!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2018 at 7:36 AM, panarchist said:

What constitutes "absurdly accurate"? Very low relative rate of closure? No relative "tilt" between the two docking ports? Near-perfect alignment with very close to 100% overlap of the ports? 

Sorry for lengthy reply times. You have to get everything except rotation correct. So you're perfectly lined up with it. Again Matt Lowne explained it well-ish in his Air Launched Spaceplane Video.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, Lisias said:

I had similar problems that I workarounded by slightly pushing out the docks from the enclosing.

PVgcj624JkprDNGNUEm6CohqX_sTQ7_Gr9JKvEOt

Give it a try - it appears to be something on the colliders.

Sorry for a long reply time. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now