[1.4+] ETTR - Engineering Tech Tree Remastered

GrubbyZebra

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, GrubbyZebra said:

This may be broken in 1.7, looking in to it....

Nope, just me being a n00b. It works fine in 1.7.3, with all the aforementioned bugs/features and quirks.

Also, playing around with spacing. For anyone interested, the farthest into the bottom right corner of the Tech Tree window a node can be placed and still be fully visible is at approximately position (-75, 75). The locations go positive up and right, which makes the entire tree exist in the 2nd Cartesian Quadrant for some reason....

So for some reason that I have not cared enough to delve in to, 1.7 causes the "researched" node icons to display at 100% scale, even though the scale in the config file is set to 60%. Therefore, instead of figuring out why this is happening, I've decided to map the full space available in the tech tree window and dive in to creating the pinwheel layout the original ETT had. Fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

@Nertea question for you, if you can. the lineFrom and lineTo tags; I've figured out LEFT, RIGHT, and TOP all attach the lines to the nodes at those locations. BOTTOM seems to make no line appear. Do you know what value will attach a line to the bottom of a node? 

BOTTOM was never implemented... I've made patch through an Harmony Transpiler. I can publish it on git if you want to.

Also same node attachments are not implemented in stock nor in my patch.

Edited by Ryujin no Mai

1 hour ago, Ryujin no Mai said:

BOTTOM was never implemented... I've made patch through an Harmony Transpiler. I can publish it on git if you want to.

Also same node attachments are not implemented in stock nor in my patch.

That sounds interesting. I would like to take a look at it, at least.

10 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

That sounds interesting. I would like to take a look at it, at least.

https://github.com/alex-dev/ObnoxiousTechTree/tree/master/RDNodeAnchorFixer (The Unlicense)

If you want more information hit me up, the patch is good, but the whole project kinda sank when I got involved in ETTR.

Edited by Ryujin no Mai

On 10/13/2019 at 6:16 PM, GrubbyZebra said:

Got the Chemical Engineering branch of the spiral layout completed. Figured I'd show a small preview (final icons and text to come later).

Nice! Why I don't see it in GitHub version? 

Speaking of which... https://github.com/fwdixon/ETT/issues/2https://github.com/fwdixon/ETT/pull/3

36 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

Nice! Why I don't see it in GitHub version? 

Speaking of which... https://github.com/fwdixon/ETT/issues/2https://github.com/fwdixon/ETT/pull/3

D'oh, forgot to put it on Git. Will do tonight. 

Will also take a look at the localization comments. What is there is pretty much a placeholder to make sure the .cfg file(s) work properly, but then I realised I am not great at writing node names/descriptions (as you pointed out, a lot of nodes are *Thing*->Advanced *Thing*->Exp. *Thing*->Exotic *Thing* :D).

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Nice to hear you are OK. 

BTW, should there be TWO configs simultaneously? I mean ETTR_Spiral_TechTree.cfg and ETTR_TechTree.cfg. Those must be conflicting as they refer to the same nodes.

No, delete whichever config you don't want to use. One is the traditional tree layout, the other is the pinwheel layout. Once I have everything working w.r.t. icons and localisations, they will be split in to 2 different packages.

Just now, Ryujin no Mai said:

You should only include 0Harmony.dll and RDNodeFixer.dll + license. No need to include the ksp and unity dll... They will just conflicts with the game.

I figured as much. Wasn't sure since it used harmony and I'm not at all familiar with that.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GrubbyZebra said:

I haven't dropped it, but there is no reason it shouldn't work with 1.8.x.

Nice to know, well, i was checking the git repo, there were many dll files and sometimes these dll files break between releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again @GrubbyZebra for keeping this mod alive.  You are doing a great job.  If you ever need anything, just let me know.  Once the Yonge tech tree editor became incompatible with the KSP database structure, supporting this mod seemed to be impossible.  You have proved that wrong.

Thanks Again!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.