Corrupted Save Career Mode (PS4 EE)

I have been playing KSP almost exclusively since the Enhanced Edition came out, probably my all time favorite game. But....

Yesterday the game crashed to the home screen (as happens fairly often), but when I restarted I could not load my game. When I select my career from the start menu, either it crashes back to the home screen or the game just hangs.

In the past, it has shown me at the start menu that my save file is corrupt, but it always then repairs it, but this time it is not shown as corrupt and no repair is offered.

The only thing that changed recently is that I have been coming up against the system capacity for number and size of ships saved in the hanger.

Is there anything I can do, or have I lost my career for good?

• 3 months later...

I now have this same issue. 

PS4 and Career Mode.  Can't load my Career save.  It crashed once and I got the chance to report the issue.  Now it just hangs up forever when I try to load it.  I have to close the program and can restart the game but same thing happens if I try to open that Career again.

I CAN load my other Sandbox save just fine.

I assume it is a corrupted save file.  Is there a way to repair it?

Has anyone ever recovered from this issue? Or should I just save myself the trouble/time and start a new Career save?

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.