Mk3 Cargo Bays with high ground plates! (Postponed indefinitely)

Kebab Kerman

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys like to see 7.5m Mk3 (Mk3XL) parts? (Will include 5m, 10m, and 20m parts, cargo doors, and multiple adapters, and are just enlarged Mk3 parts.)

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but in another mod
    • Just make the DS cargo ramp you walnut

29 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

I assembled the files in Unity, then exported a .mu to the appropriate location and loaded up KSP, and the part worked (using the config you provided). Like this:

5VcO6W6.png qb10gGw.png

Alright, so it is PartTools not working right. I'll reinstall it now and try again.

EDIT: Well great now it won't export the textures >:('

EDIT #2: Yeah, I still can't get it to work. I think you should just send me the files of the ramp because this stupid thing isn't working. It just won't write the textures, so I'll just try pasting the TGA textures into the part folder and pray it works.

Edited by Kebab Kerman

Ok, so I'm going to try moving the ramp to another folder and see if it works. If it does, then woohoo! If it doesn't, well crap. I haven't actually tried the Unity stuff you sent me yet, because I've been busy with other stuff. But I'll try it when I get home from school.

EDIT: Also, I plan on adding cargo bays like the ones on the super guppy! Woohoo!

Cargo bay will be 5 m with two types: a 1.25 m fuselage, and a 2.5 m fuselage. As in the lower part of it, not the cargo bay.

Edited by Kebab Kerman

23 hours ago, neistridlar said:

There are the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qju0sx4owdfap8/DSramp.zip?dl=0

I'd rather help you figure out how to get it to work for your self though, then keep doing stuff for you, I think we would both be better off that way.

I'd rather that, too, but unfortunately SOMEBODY (I'm looking at you, parttools, you insolent little twit,) doesn't want that. Hopefully I can get it fixed at some point.

Edited by Kebab Kerman

Oh, and by the way, the poll was useless, as I'm going to make them anyway. But in a separate mod.

Edited by Kebab Kerman
By the way, it's called BelugaBays, and it's currently on Spacedock. Nothing there but a cat picture, at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, just a few more things to do before the ramp is ready. Hopefully I can get it done by the end of spooktober. It's taking a while because I'm either busy with other things or just playing with some of my friends. At the moment the animation needs to be replaced, as the ramp has a weird rotation axis when opened, and I need to move the attachment nodes. After that, I will publish it to Spacedock. So if anybody was wondering why it's not in yet, that is why. Sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure I can do much for this mod for a while.

My computer won't recognize that there's a harddrive in. It's key is corrupted, and I can't initialize it again, so it's dead. Permanently. :(

If it I can't get the data off it, I'm screwed.

EDIT: Ok, sooo... I can't continue for a while. The harddrive is useless until I can get at least $400 to get the data off it. I've set up a Patreon to get the data back. I'll put the link in the donation boxes on Spacedock. In the meantime, I have to use my older laptop, which overheats every 45 minutes. If we get to the second goal, I'll buy the best parts I can to build a true, worthy gaming computer, with my newer laptop as an alternate workspace.

Edited by Kebab Kerman
Didn't go well for the harddrive. Sad news.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:22 PM, Kebab Kerman said:

If it I can't get the data off it, I'm screwed.

This is why you take backups! Either use a (free) cloud service like Dropbox, google drive or Github, or have an external hard-drive for backups, preferably stored at a different location from your computer.

2 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

This is why you take backups! Either use a (free) cloud service like Dropbox, google drive or Github, or have an external hard-drive for backups, preferably stored at a different location from your computer.

Yep. I knew I probably should, but I kept procrastinating, because I thought nothing was wrong and it would be fine. Boy, was I wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:17 PM, JH4C said:

They look like the normal mk3 fuselage parts only with higher floors inside, that's all.

Oh so this is not that mod that has  parts that dont fit  and are all white? ok i will try it

EDIT: actually yes it is that mod. Atleast for me the parts dont have textures.

Edited by JoaquinJAR

• 6 months later...

Alright guys, I'm gonna try and work on this again. We're nearing 1,000 downloads, and I want to do something special for it. After the next update, this may only get updated to new versions with the occasional new part or two. Sorry for any disappointment that this gave, and I hope you enjoy.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, Jesusthebird said:

Pipeline thought. Incorporate your models as a variant to the current mk3 parts. I actually like the mk2.5 pack..but a bit small for me. I anticipate great things here. Good luck!

Try using the Mk 2.5 parts with Tweakscale

Just some more info on that poll: Adding Mk3XL parts will mean adding a minimum of 11 new parts, and at max 37 (counting variants as separate parts,) because I just gotta get that full set.

EDIT: 1,000 DOWNLOADS!

Edited by Kebab Kerman

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.