Surviving Duna(A ksp novel)-Part 2:Echoes of the past-Chapter 1

KerbolExplorer

GVDQTlT.png

PART 1

A battle in the stars

Prologe

Scince the start of Kerbal civilization.....we always looked up to the night sky.....Apart from seeing a ton of small dots that were known as stars....But one of those cauthg the eye of many Kerbals.....A red dot that seemed bigger than the others........And closer........Many years later...when we invented telescopes we saw more in detail what this was......it was another planet.......It was first know as SNACK....But some time later it was renamed to Duna.........We dreamed of one thing.......To one day set foot on that red planet..............years passed...........Civilizations rised and perished......wars were fought.............In the Year 1989....The Galaxy space center was founded....3 years later they sended the first probe to the red planet....

YCm0VHN.png

It was the first probe to land on Duna and aswell to land on another planet.......But it was ill equiped for the situation.........2 hours after landing.....The Lander meet with one of Duna`s many enviormental hazards.........A cold wave.....When it struck,the probe`s sistems didnt take long to freeze...and eventually breack....Leaving the probe useless.......Sincé that day we learned that.......If we wanned to colonize the red planet.....we will need to ready............Years passed....and our technolony advanced....Until one day.....we were ready.....here we are now....About to launch our first colony rocket to duna.....Thought its still a probe its perfect for a start....

But once thing was clear......When we launched that first rocket.....We had no idea of the many misterys the red planet had.....Awaiting to be discovered.............

Before Reading this novel i recommend you read A million light-years from home becuase this story is a continuation from that one.

Mods that are going to be used in this Novel:

Tundra exploration By @damonvv

Scaterer By @blackrack

Planetary domes By @Thrimm

Spectra By @Avera9eJoe(Start appearing at chapter 4 and forward)

Texture replacer By @shaw

Bio Suits(Sorry but i couldnt get a link for this one:blush:)By @Pentence

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 1

Colony site

Before sending a rocket to Duna.We need to select a landing site.We could use the  maps that are made already but.....They are quite old and  maybe where there were flat lands there may be now a cráter wich could make the misión end in catastrophic fail.Thats why we needed to launch a rocket to send a probe there.And since we were already goign to duna why dont we send the DTS so we can test it?.Thats what we did.

oWpm1Ya.png

Kelon:i cant belive this is finaly happening.I was dreaming for this day for 20 years already.

Ryley:C`mon is not an important launch.just a regular probe going to Duna.Same misión as always.

Kelon:Not really.First of all its the first rocket lauching in 4 years.Second Is that this is the fastest rocket not using dark matter.Its going to get there in 2 days!.And it marks the begging of a new era!The Duna era!

Ryley:You are right but do you know how are we going to transport the colony pieces all the way to Duna.With that rocket.And how much did that rocket cost?.

Kelon:The rocket costed 200M funds.

Ryley:That costed a lot.....And how much rockets are you planning to build to start off?

Kelon:5 rockets.It may sound costy but you forgot each rocket is reusable.Meaning that after construction each rocket is going to only need fuel and maintenece wich doesnt cost much....

Ryley:You sound to optimistic about this....

Kelon:Dont worry.If everything goes to plan its going to be Ok.

2tPQ7NI.png

Everything was going fantastic.The cooling sistem were on.Mannuvers were set up.The kOS sistems were programed.Landing site for the booster was ready for recovery(Of full booster or small pieces).When i saw There were only 1 minute until lift off.I was nervous.I knew if this failed nothing bad would happen.We can just build another one.But i whant too prove to the world that the DTS is safe and reliable.

DTS CPU:Cooling sistems online........Manuvers set up.......Kos Scrip detected and loading.............Loading complete.

Mission controler 1:Ok everything looks good!.We are ready to launch.

DTS CPU:T-30 seconds till lift off.

MC 2:Booster are stable and ready to ignate.

DTS CPU:T-5 seconds til lift off.Engines ignating......Launch clamps detached.

MC 1:And Lift off we have a lift off there!.

bGcIPGZ.png

It was wonderfull to see that.A massive piece of metal going to space.

MC 2:Tower clear.Engines burning normaly.Looks like  we are going to space today!

The lauch was quite a very nice to see......Until the rocket was so high up you couldnt see it.

gtoaG2Z.png

DTS CPU:Apoapis of 85 kilometers achived decoupling from launch booster..........Booster separation complete engaging orbital engines.

MC 1:Ok now to land that booster and send to orbit that spacecraft.

DTS CPU:Orbit Achived.Deploying solar panels and antenas.Starting Duna ecounter burn.

pfxN1dp.png

Now that the hard part of the mission ended....We were all calmer.We recived a call from the Booster landing site that the booster landed correctly.Still we are a bit worried for how the return trip is going to go.

QOADVTF.png

At this point the main objective of the mission was done.Once the probe detached.It would go to a polar orbit and map Duna.While the DTS would go back to Kerbin.

DTS CPU: detaching probe.....

01kDXB6.png

MC 2:Probe detached succesfully.Starting to load the kOS scrip.

2 hours later the probe was already scanning Duna searching for a place for the first Kerbal colony on the red planet.

5TK6mHA.png

While the probe was scanning for the ideal location for the colony.The DTS was already heading back to Kerbin.2 Days later we were preapearing for the reentry.It was going on the coast near the KSC.

t7KNwLJ.png

DTS CPU:Preapearing sistems for re-entry.

MC 1:We are one hour away from landing.Do we have any last minutes chances for the plan?

MC 2:Theres a small storm forming near the landing área.Meaning that recovery will take a bit more.

MC 1:Other tan that no other issiues?....Ok.

TYjNckc.png

Reentry was a bit more agreasive than we wanned it to be.But we needed to evoid that storm.It could make gliding to the wáter a lot more dangerous.

ULceywJ.png

But nothing could break our rocket.Some seconds later it was gliding down to the wáter.It still experience a lot of G-force meaning that it could be dangerous for crew members coming back from our Duna colony

DbeUANO.png

The landing was a bit rough.The thing wasnt so aerodainamic.But it landed sucsesfully in 1 piece.I was so proud  with this.Duna was never so close to us.!....Of course we still have to wait till the maping is complete......

MC 1:Splash down complete.I can already see the craft from here.I cant wait to see the results from Duna!

TO BE CONTINUED.........

Edited by KerbolExplorer

13 hours ago, damonvv said:

I eh, apologize for how BFR handles aha. I hope with the new models that will come out soon it will be better ^_^

No not really i said that just to add  something more to the storie but the rocket handled perfectly.I only had issiues with lift but i think no one expected for it to be landed as a space shuttle:P

Either way its a fantastic mod and i cant wait to see whats coming in the future:)                                                                                      

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 2

Mission plans

Maping Duna took a bit more time than expected.100 days or how i like to call it Kols.But once the hight maps were made we started looking for a landing spot.

Duna not the most ideal spot for building.It has a lot of mountains and not much flat lands(why couldnt Duna learn from minmus).After a lot of decisions we came up with the perfect spot.

6mzj4ZN.png

As you can see the colourded map is not yet complete.But the hight map was,and that is all we needed.Its aswell located near the south pole.Meaning that we might be victims of one of Duna`s dangers.Cold waves!.Hopefully our colonist like snow.......Aswell our scans has picked some anomalies near the landing site.(Ps.Wich one is the stv mountain?).

Meanwhile our engeniers have been designing the payload of the first rocket!.

qPR26q8.png

Not the  most beautifull design but its capable of doing its job.(to transport resources from one part of the colony to the other.)Now its a bit to big to fit in the rocket so how is it going to be trasported.Il tell you soon.

3wnDyvT.png

It looks like the RC transport .But its job is very different.It will go explore the near by área of the colony when anomalies are found.Its a bit slow but it should be fine.The same transportation method will be used as the RC transport.

And Finaly:

NebtnjD.jpg

The drones.These are the builders of the colony.They trasport materials......Build buildings.....Maintain buildings.....The only bad thing about this rover is that it cant be controlled directly from Kerbin.It needs to contact a drone hub or rocket.And then it can contact kerbin.Only one drone will come with the rocket.It will then unpack the other 2 rovers.What do i mean by unpacking?.Our cientist discoverd how to store rovers and buildings in small boxes.(1 meter each).Then when their arrive at Duna they will be unpacked at their full size.The rest of the drones will be build with the first drone hub.Each drone hub can build drones with some resources that will come with the rocket.

Apart from the drone hub.another"packed" building will come this being the fuel refinary and the moisture vaporator.(the fuel refinary transfroms wáter to fuel for the rocket and the moisture vap.Gets wáter from the atmosphere.)If all goes to plan the first rocket with Kerbals will arrive at Duna 15 Kols after the first landing.

qBVm521.png

After a lot of testing we came up with the final versión of the DTS.We aswell gave it a better name "Orca"Becuase the rocket reminds the engeniers of an Orca whale.Right after completition of the packages and the main drone.They where placed inside the cargo área and we sended the  rocket to the launch pad.We are  now 5 days away from the launch of the rocket.We aswell started costructing MOAR rockets(4 more to be clear)2 of wich are going to be made to haul pasengers.Each rocket can haul 12 passengers.Ofcourse in its early days our colony will depend on Kerbin to get advance resources(Wich can only ba made by kerbals).Our landing site aswell has plenty of resources for our colony.Sadly there isnt wáter in this área.This is why we are condensing the wáter in the atmosphere with moisture vaporators.Launch is right around the corner.And the start of a new era!.

To be continued....

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 3

The start of the colony.

gxr57Ki.png

MC 1:OK T-10 minuites for lift off.Lets start pre-launch checks.

MC 2:Cargo....Secured.......kOS program.....Loading........Wind.....None.........Everything ready for lift off.

Kelon:We have all of Kerbin watching this.

MC 3:I dont know why we are so nervous for this launches.Its just a regular old rover.

MC 1:Well first of all if this fails the space center is going to loose millions of dollars....Then this rocket is carrying cargo that will built the future of Kerbal kind.And...

Orca CPU:T-2 minutes for lift off...kOS loading complete.

MC 2:Lets stop talking and start focusing on this.

Kelon:Are the guys at the second launch pad ready for reciving the booster?

MC 2:Yes.

Orca CPU:T-30 seconds.

MC 3:Already?!.

MC 1:Ok...Engines are fiering .....Launch clamps detaching......Full throtle.............and

amQoif4.png

Kelon:Lift off we have a lift off!!!!Lift off of the Orca rocket heading to Duna!

MC 3:You can really notice the change of cargo its going a bit  slow....

MC 1:Its fine aslong as it meets the requarierd speeds....Wich it is

tGGW1Fm.png

MC 1:Apoapis of 100KM reached detaching main booster.

MC 2:Orbit achived...Starting burn for Duna

RTOJtS2.png

MC 3:Ok we achived interpanetary trayectory.The solar panels deployed with no problem.We  are only 2 days away from landing.

2 Days later....

V70zQvX.png

MC 1:Ok the rocket just arrived at Duna.Now its heading straight for it right?

MC 3:Yup

MC 1:We are heading for the landing site right?

MC 3:Yeah but

MC 1:Ok start retracting the solar panels.

Y02Pl5w.png

MC 1:Ok extending landing gear.

REMHqMQ.png

MC 2:Easy does it.......10 meters.....5 meters and......

LuNku0V.png

Kelon:TOUCHDOWN!!!!.

MC 1:Ok lets place on the Surface the drone  and the "packages".UCJFgBm.png

MC 1:Drone and packages were sucsefully deployed.Now the drone will asemble the firts building and the 2 rovers.

Kelon:Exelent!

MC 2:Yeah but the terrain is not flat.

MC 1:Thats becuase we landed a bit off but the drone can start building on the more flat área.

MC 2:OkMfKqt0M.png

MC 1:Most of the packages have been opened.Exept the fuel refinery and the moisture vap.Both rovers have been constructed.Im sending the RC transport to start mining to build the solar panels.

Kelon:And the RC explorer?

MC 1:The RC explorer will have to wait Till the sensor tower has power and found an anomalie.

MC 3:And will everything be done by 1 drone?

MC 1:When the resources come and theres power.The drone will start printing more drones.

MC 3:Sounds good!.

5 hours later.

CfVQFoh.png

MC 1:The solar panels have been built and the buildings are connected!.We have started to do a Surface scan aswell!.Both buildings have started operating.We now need to build the fuel refinary,Moisture vaporator,oxygen generator and finaly a dome.Its a matter of days now for us to have Kerbals at Duna!.

TO BE CONTINUED........

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 4

First Kerbals at Duna.

The colony was starting to get build.And the KSC was flooding with applicants.I think one day there were 1000 Kerbals applaying.But only 10 could go to Duna.Our scientist told me that the first Dome wil take 10 days to build.Then to build the buildings that will take 3 days.That is well in the timeline for the mission.The first passenger rocket was build.

jGxUFdX.jpg

Ryley:Well i guess its time to go to the rocket......

???:Wait!

MZHMv1j.jpg

Ryley:Val you came

Val:Ofcourse i did!.I wasnt going to miss such an important launch.....But tell me are you going to be forever at Duna?

Ryley:Probably

Val:Well i just wanned to say......I lo-

Dervin:Yo Ryley we have 30 minutes till launch get in the rocket!

Ryley:Val il call you once im at Duna.....Bye!

Val:Bye....

I remember that day like it was Yestarday.......We where at mission control.....Talking to the astronauts throught the radio......The drones at Duna were giving finishing touches to the colony before the founder stage.......You see,The first kerbals at the colony are declared founders.....These Kerbals will test if the colony is capable of souporting Kerbal life.The test last 10 kols.

MC 1:Ok crew...Today is tha big day.The firts Kerbals that will set foot at the red planet are about to be launched to space.

MC 2:Everything looks normal and ready for lift off.

DTS CPU:T-1 minutes before lift off

MC 1:Crew are we ready for lift off

Ryley:Yup.

MC 2:10 seconds till lift off.....Engines are fiering.....5,4,3,2 clamps are detaching and....

3AnR9u7.jpg

Kelon:Lift off! Lift off of the first crewd rocket to Duna!

Ryley:Here we go!.

jd75OXn.jpg

Ryley:Apoapis of 100 km reached detaching main booster.

MC 1:Orbit achived.Engaging burn for Duna.

mCkYv7H.jpg

vWCHNYA.png

Lanwise Kerman:Thats a beatifull planet.

2 days later.....

fdI3fX2.png

Ryley:There it is....Duna.Are you guys exited for landing at the colony?

Lemgee:Who wouldnt?Thats why came to the space Center.To build a new home at Duna!

MC 1:Ok crew.You are entering Duna´s atmosphere in 10 minutes!

10 minutes later

sRlXQFG.jpg

Ryley:Looks like we are going to be landing at night time.

1 re-entry later....

fcwyS3c.png

Ryley:Ok 500 meters from the ground.....300......200....100...50...10....and

pGcTwnt.png

Kelon:Touchdown!.....

Ryley:Ok who is the first one to walk on Duna?

Derbins:Why dont you go out first?You were the one who landed us

Ryley:OK!*Opens hatch*

SDsCJyQ.png

Ryley:And touchdown.....What a nice place.....

Rodrigh:WAIT FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*Impacts ground*Thats why the EVA suits have a jet pack..To land softly from the 20 meter fall from the hatch...Wow the dome looks sooooo cool!

q03dm2Y.png

Ryley:I know right?

Gilrel:Hey Ryley?Did you said a memorable phrase like Jeb?

Ryley:Hum....no

Melnand:Let me help ya......DUNA STILL LOOKS LIKE A BALL OF SNACKS

Ryley:Lets be a bit more serius.....Lets get going to dome....We have a big day tommorow....

POKlAnK.png

Ryley:What a nice place!It has a Dinner and a Hidroponics tower.

Maring:Yeah but right now we have a mínimum supply of food....

Ryley:Thats why we are going to need to start planting tommorrow morning....But now lets get going to the living área......Im soooooo tired from that trip......

TO BE CONTINUED......

P.S:I had to unnistall spectra because it was making my game lag a ton....Il probably use Sci-FI visual enhancement

11 hours ago, J.K.E.M.A-5 said:

This is amazing, I loved A Million Light Years and this is brilliant so far. your English definitely improved the further through AMLYFH you got and this English is brilliant...Better then some other English people I know...:P

Thanks!:)

P.S.Welcome to the forum!

CHAPTER 5

First Kol at Duna

xVTsPwP.png

Ryley:OK are we all here?.......Today is kol 1 of the colony.Meaning possibly the most dangerous day of all.We have a verry limited supply of food.Meaning we are going to need to start planting food right now!.Aswell we have very limited Oxigen.Only enought to sustain 11 kerbals.But not more.Meaning that the enginiers are going to help the drones with the building the oxigen generator.For the pilots:The cargo rocket has some cargo left.We are going to unload it.

Melnand:Thats a lot of work.......

Ryley:I know but if we dont do it.The colony will fail...

2LIvY4M.png

Herdrin:Ok the plants are planted and they should start producing food next kol

Lemgee:That was easy.What do we do now?

Rodrigh:Nothing!

Herdrin:No we need to monotorize the growth of the plants and keep them hydrated

Rodright:Ok.....

gdPY7dD.png

Ryley:Ok heres the last of the cargo of the rocket.Here are the materials to costruct and repair the externals facilitys of the Colony.

Jeban kerman:Ok now lets let the engeniers do their work and us pilots lets go back to the dome.

Ryley:We could help them....Theres a lot of work that could be done in the colony

Jeban:Fine...kaCMpGg.pngRyley:ok done.See that wasnt that hard.Now we just need to make an oxigen generator.And we finished all the work for today!

Bobpont:Ok but......

Ryely:But what?

Bobpont:The prefab for it wanst on the rocket.I think they forgot to load it in the rocket

Ryley:Or you forgot that we build that with the resources on Dunas Surface.

Jeban;DONT TELL ME WE ARE GOING MINING NOW.

Ryely:Luckyly no.Thats why the drones are for.While the drones go mining why dont we g-

Jeban:GO GET SOME LUNCH.

Ryley:I was going to say mantaing the RC explorer.But now that you say that..........

Jeban:C´mon lets stop working for a while.....Let the drones do that.And i think the drones can build that oxigen generator right?

Bobpont:Yeah yes they can.Lets get going to the dome.

Meanwhile at Kuiper belt:

??????:New species going for the stars Detected.Engaging program.Star worthy.%=/

TO BE CONTINUED

CHAPTER 6

Geometric find.

Dudooki:Can someone remember me why are we at the desert?

nJiEATo.png

Maxble:SO as you may remember 4 years ago the Pika infinity got Destroyed on re-entry.

Dudooki:Yes...

Jonfred:I think that some debris of the craft may have survived.And with luck that may be engine parts

Maxble:And if we research the engine we may be capable of making moar of those engines that could be installed in the DTS.Allowing flights from here to Duna happen in Minutes!

Dudooki:You guys do know that that happend 4 years ago.....Right?.....IF something survived.That would be berried in the sand.

Jonfred:Thats why metal detectors exist!

Dudooki:You forgot one thing.

Jonfred:What?

Dudooki:That the Infinity was made of titanium.

Jonfred:Isnt that the same as metal?

Dudooki:Nope.

Jonfred:And what do you know?

Dudooki:I know that because im a fricking GEOLOGIST

Maxble:Can we stop argu-

*Tire pops*

Jonfred:What was that?

Dudooki:I think a tire poped

Maxble:I think we runned over something.

Jonfred:Lets get out....I need to change the tire.

QPUiAWC.png

Maxble:What is that?!

Jonfred:Its a cube

Dudooki:In middle of the desert?!

Maxble:Wait this área is familiar......Yes....Dudooki?....Isnt this the same place we found that alien probe 7 years ago?

Dudooki:And think so....But this couldnt have been left behind by the scientist......They diged up a hole in this spot that was 5 meters Deep.

Jonfred:And the only thing they found was that virus.....

Dudooki:What virus?

Jonfred:Its a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story.I will tell you that later.And we should stop thinking its aliens,Its clearly debris from the infinity.

Dudooki:To bad the infinity didn`t had any cubed like objects.....

Maxble:So its not debris from the infinity?

Dudooki:Nope.......I know what it is!......But its not alien becuase if it was the guys at KETI would have tracked it before it reached Kerbin.

Jonfred:The KETI program was canceled 4 years ago.

Dudooki:You know how we can test if its an Alien material?*Grabs a rocket laucher from the trunk of the buggy*BAZOOKA TIME.*Launches rocket at the cube*

Jonfred:The cube doesnt have a scracht!

Dudooki:Ok thats an alien material right there.

Maxble:DO we bring it to the Dessert airfield?

Dudooki:Nah They have bad scientist...Our best chance of finding what this is at the KSC.

Meanwhile at Duna.

brmi0PT.png

Ryley:Ok crew tommorow we are going to be doing some :science:SCIENCE:science:  The cargo rocket has some Surface science equipment.By the way:How is the food growing coming along?

Lemgee:If all goes to plan they should be ready by tommorrow.

Ryley:Ok

2 hours later at kerbin.....

Kelon:SO what is this super inportant thing you wanned to show me jonfred?

Jonfred:I found this on the desert*Shows the cube to Kelon*.We launched a rocket at it and it didnt get the slightest damage.I think it has an alien Origin

Kelon:Il take it to the research labs.

Jonfred:OK

Meanwhile at the Tracking Station...

wk9yl1O.png

Kevin:Hey Alex are you seeing this?

Alex:What?

Kevin:Theres something weird at Eeloo.....Its a massive energy source......I cant identified.......I cant track its heading........Oh wait its heading to Duna or to Dress.I dont know wich planet.

Alex:Im picking up the same signal aswell......

Tracking station CPU:MASSIVE ENERGY PULSE DETECTED NEAR EELOO.....*Sistems shuts down*

Kevin:Did everything just automaticly shut down?!

Alex:WHAT THE KRAKEN WAS THAT!!!!!

Kevin:Something big is coming.......I can feel it.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

CHAPTER 7

Mysteries arisen....

Anna Kerman:How is it going Kerbin.Welcome back to the KKC.Now for the first bitof todays news .....You may have noticed that half the power of Kerbin is gone.It is slowly regenerating itself but all of kerbin whants to know WHAT THE KRAKEN HAS HAPPENED.Some seconds before the massive power loss.Some Kerbals at the KSC detected a massive energy source near Eeloo.Thats why Kelon Kerman.Manager of the KSC came here.To explain us what is happening.

x4PCvau.png

Kelon:So as you know half the power is gone.We think this wasnt your usual Kerbol flare for the main reason that it wasnt generated at Kerbol.Like it wasnt generated even on a planet.It was generated in middle of the Void.And it launched the Power burst right after detection.What ever that is.Can think.....And for some reasonit doesnt whant detection until its on our freaking faces.

Anna:You just inspaired me to build a bunker.

Kelon:Something that worries me to is that.Its heading to Duna,Or Dress.But i think its heading for Duna.I dont know why.But i think it has something to do with the colony.

Anna:Can the colony defend it self?

Kelon:We are developing defence lasers.But its going to be hard to build them there.

Meanwhile at Duna......At Kol 2

Ryely:Ok heres the SCIENCE equipment.We just need to place it on the ground

XUh9jAT.png

Gilre:Ok.How do we place them?

Ryley:There are instructions on the box.

Melnand:Found them!.....We just place them on the ground and conect them to a power source.

Ryley:Sounds easy!Lets do it!

Fejippd.png

Melnand:I think we puted it wrong....

Ryley:Yeah....The calibration is failing.....

Derbin:hum Ryley...WHAT THE KRAKEN IS THAT BLACK THING!!!!!!

Ryley:Oh kod...I think its a duststorm!.EVERYBODY GET IN THE DOME NOW

YqoZFKV.png

Ryley:Weird....

Jeban:Whats the problem?

Ryley:That dust storm is different tan the other ones...It looks like it may even cut our power supply.

Jeban:But we will freeze to death with no power.

Ryley:We need to use our EVA suits to survive.And i dont think its going to last that long.....Im going to message this to the KSC.....*Goes to radio*Hello? KSC can you read me?.....No response....The dust strom may be braking the conection....

Meanwhile at Kerbin.....

yqIt4Kr.pngVal:Ok here i am at the Desert....Ok so the guys at the airfield told me that there are strange readings coming from here...

XEkolUC.pngVal:Huh...What is that it looks like some piramids....

yTIOpa6.pngVal:OH MULCH..*ejects from the plane*

8MrNqiA.png

Val:WHAT THE KRAKEN DID JUST HAPPEND?!.Well i guess il head to those pyramids

R9Bp7ln.pngVal:What is this place?.......It looks very old.....what ever build it must have been a kerbal for the statue.....Huh? theres something writeng on it.....

KOL 5........Final test

Val:hum what?....Kol 5?....Final test?What is this?!...I need to inform the dessert airfield.....Yes,Dessert airfield,Its val.My plane exploded over the anomaly....I ejected in time.....Theres this ancient temple and it has weird things writing on it.I need a research team dispached at my location.....Ok see ya soon!

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 8

The mistery of the cube....

DfeoV6w.png

Ludmal:So acording to the research we did on this temple it appears that something is about to happen at kol 5.The thing is that kol 5 happend millions of years ago.Meaning that it couldnt be 5 days after the first kerbals were born

Leadon:So the most logical explenation that....This event will happen at kol 5 in Duna.

Val:But there are colonist right now at Duna!

Ludmal:I know.But we still dont know what this is.It may be Bad or good.

Virming:I think this has to do with the power shortage.

Val:I think so to.

Meanwhile at the KSC

LInus:Kelon we need to talk about something.

Z2aaRhy.png

Kelon:Whats the problem?

Linus:You remember that cube you gave me to investigate?

Kelon:Yes

Linus:I think this is the weirdest thing we have encountered so far.The Scientist that touched this object have experinced weird feelings.....Something no other Kerbal has felt before...

Kelon:Like what?

Linus:During contact with this object.There visión got blury......They said they saw two lights.....and they Heard a sound....They told me they Heard the sound that a parrot does....When they are not touching the cube they..Faint.......But when they wake up...They are normal.....

Kelon:Did you said they Heard a parrot?

Linus:Yes.

Kelon:Do you know who Pika is in kerbal mitology?

Linus:The god of space and time right?

Kelon:The ancient books and story say...That Pika has the form of a parrot.....Meaning that teres a fair chance that that cube is.....

Linus:No way...You are not thinking this cube is a sign...

Kelon:A message.......

Linus:This is bad.....

Kelon:I know....The only time Pika appeard.....Was when kerbal kind was about to go extinct.....

Linus:I know!.What the kraken do we do now!

Kelon:Look first of all.dont panic.Second,We need to keep this a secret.And third,We need to investigate this further,We need to know what is happening.

Linus.Ok il keep you informed about this.

Kelon:Ok.

Meanwhile at Duna:

KOL 3:

Nc2XpFd.png

Ryley:Looks like the storm has passed.Lets go do the stuff we had to do yesterday....Hum what is that in the sky?

fUxvXnF.png

Derbin:It looks like a rover...

Ryley:Its going to land nearby....Was it sent by the KSC?

Derbin:I dont know

Ryley:It just landed!

J5ubZLz.png

Ryely:Its leaving the colony site......What is that thing?

Derbin:Its a rover..Thats for sure...

Ryley:Well asslong as it doesnt disturbe the mission...

Derbin:Yeah....Are the radios working now?

Ryely:The KSC is offline.I dont know why.Maybe tommorrow we can contact them....

Meanwhile at the tracking station:

y3kYxSo.png

Lashel:Ok the tracking station should work now.

Alex:What was the problem?

Lashel:Apart from the power shortage.Wich is still a problem in kerbin...There was a sistema oever heat.But its fixed now.

Kevin:ok lets contact the colony now..*Goes inside tracking station*

Tracking station CPU:Powering up sistems.........Contacting Duna colony.

Kevin:Huh?What is this?Alex!

Alex:What?

Kevin:Theres an unundentified object at the Surface on Duna.Near our colony.

Tracking Station CPU:Incoming call from The colony:

Kevin:Oh Hi Ryley!

Ryley:Hi.What happend?Why couldnt we contact you?

Alex:The tracking station overheated..

Ryley:*sight*Again?!They really need to upgrade the cooling sistem....By the way...Did detected this rover?

Alex:The one that landed on Duna?Yes..What is it?

Ryley:The RC explorer took a picture of it,It appears it was made by Winter owl corp.

Kevin:But they didnt say a thing about sending a rover to Duna.

Ryley:I know.We will still keep tracking it....That rover feels suspicius.....

TO BE CONTINUED....

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 9

Unespected find.

Nelson kerman:Kelon,we have a problem,Look at this letter:

Source:Winter owl co.

Destination:Kaether Space Center

From our company we wanned to warn you about the existance of our investigation mission to Duna.The mission will take place 20 km from your outpost at Duna.We will not interfier with your mission,if you not interfier our mission,That includes sending rovers and kerbals to the location of our mission.We are máximum going to ask you some favours for our mission,And we will give you a reward,Like  more funding,or more applicants for your Space Center.

Again dont disturb our mission or they will be consecuences.And both of us dont whant that to happen.

Nelson:So what do we do?

Kelon:Who does this guy even think he is?.We dont even know who he is....And now he just sends a random rover to our base saying not to disturb the mission?!

Nelson:I know but Winter owl is a very powerfull company,A lot of the stuff in our colony where made by them.....

Meanwhile at Duna...

DZbGd7i.png

Ryley:So i just got a message from the KSC saying that the rover was from Winter Owl co.They told us that we should not aproached it....But

Derbin:Ryely i have to tell you something inportant

Ryley:I think we should start spying that rover.

Derbin:RYLEY!

Ryley:What?

Derbin:The scanning tower has picked up an anomaly on sector 4D.

Ryley:So?sent the RC explorer over there.

Bobpont:We cant the Rc explorer has dust on the solar panels After that storm....

Derbin:We could build another one....

Ryely:But we dont have the blueprint for the explorer....

Derbin:But we can build the Armadillo!

Ryley:But that rover is maned...And we need to do a lot of things here at the base.....

Bobpont:Let the others do it!

Ryley:Fine..Il send the drones to start cosntruction of the rover.This should take 15 minutes or less...

15 minutes later

dSV2yNe.png

Ryley:Ok did you pack all the supplies?

Bobpont:Yes,

Ryley.Ok lets get going.

PJ7O1BS.png

Ryely:Ok we will arrive at the anomaly in 2 hours.

2 hours later....

u4vJhhm.png

Derbin:Ok the anomaly comes from the other side of this hill....

Ryley:I see it..Wait that looks familiar....

RaW50Jj.png

Bobpont:This this is a Life pod!

Ryley:Just not any life pod.This is a life pod made for the kaurora!.What the Kraken is it doing here?!

Derbin:Look teres oxigen coming out of it.Is there something inside?

Ryley:Im going to go and have a look....Oh my kod...theres a kerbal here....He is breathing so he is alive...

Derbin:Scan him.We need to know who he is!.

Ryley`s PDA:Scanning kerbal life form............Scan complete....Bob Kerman.

To be continued...

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 10

Secrets of the desert temple  

UbM530G.png

Derbin:What do we do with him? We dont have proper medical atention here

Ryley:If the guys back at the colony did what i told them to do we should have a small medical center when we come back.Now help me get him to the rover!

Bobpont:Ok

5 minutes later.

Ryley:Ok its going to take a bit of time to get home...I still cant belive what is happening.....This is the same pod i saw back at 4546B.......HOW IS IT AT DUNA!.And whats worth is that acording to Bob`s PDA log He was killed by a creature,

cj6PmKo.png

Derbin:uff its getting dark...hopefully we can get there fa-

Armadillo CPU:Warning,Emergency power only,stopping rover

Ryley:Oh great,We are stranded here for the rest of the night.....And whats worst is that we have a kerbal on fricking coma....

Bobpont:Let me see if i can find us some extra power..........We can change the emergency power sistema to allow driving.But we will need to stop oxygen production

Ryley:Do it,Lets use the helmets to keep us alive....

Armadillo CPU:Configuration changed...

Ryley:Ok lets keep driving..

15 minutes later:

8XhAsD0.png

Ryley:Ok here we are and.......THEY FORGOT TO BUILD THE SECOND DOME!

Derbin:Dont worry..The passenger ship has a small med bay

Ryley:Ok we need to get Bob there ASAP!

Meanwhile at kerbin.....

sLabwYG.png

Ludmal:Im so close to revealing this mistery i can feel it!

Valentina:Did you find something worth noticing?

Ludmal:Oh yes i did!......It apear that this is just one of the many ancient temples on Kerbin.They all act as a "button" to active the main temple located on the Forest of origins

Val:Where is that at?

Ludmal:Thats the problem.....It apears that the temple,Is over a milenia old.Kerbins Surface had a lot of changes during all that time......I think this is the only temple that is in one piece.

Val.And what is there at the main temple?

Ludmal:It apears there is this teleporter,That our ancestors used  for traveling in this solar sistem......It says here that its one of the gifts Pika gave kerbal kind,for helping her.......I still dont know how kerbal kind helped Pika....But If we can actívate the teleporter *Dramatic stop* We could go to other galaxies in a second!

Val:Really?

Ludmal:That is of course....If the portal is in one piece......

Val:Do you know where the forest could be at?

Ludmal:No but i need you to make a favor for me.....This could help us find the temples.......Give this disk of data,To the guys at Skorpion-7.......They could develop a sistem for probes to be able of scanning worlds for temples.

Val.Why not to the KSC?

Ludmal:The Chief of the RD team doesnt like all of this miths and legends,So we are better of going to Skorpion-7.They have a small facility at the Desert airfield.

Val:Ok il get going over there.....

Meanwhile at duna...

Jeban:I think he is waking up......

Bob:Huh?Where am i?

Ryley:Bob is it really you?

Bob:Ryley?What the kraken where am i?

jeban:You are at Duna

Bob:*Faints*

Jeban:Hum we should let him rest.....

Ryley:yes But we have a serius problem...

Jeban:What?

Ryley:That we can only produce food for 11 kerbals,Not 12

TO BE CONTINUED.....

CHAPTER 11

Remains of the infinity

FhuClSA.png

Ryley:We are going to need to let Bob rest.....I still dont know what we are going to do with the food suplies....

Bobpont:We need to make a second Hydroponics farm

Ryley.But we dont have Kerbals to manage it.

Derbin:More colonist could come!

Ryley:We are still on the founder stage,no extra kerbals may come to the colony.

Derbin:How much does it last?

Ryley:10 kols.We are now at Kol 5,And we have food for 10 kols so yeah we can survive this....

Meanwhile back at kerbin....

S9IAwMv.png

???:Kelon!,Wait!

Kelon:Yes....Who are you?

Hilory:Im the representative of the Beyond Kerbin asociation.I wanned to talk to you for about something....

Kelon:Ok im listening

Hilory:As you know both of our space centers whant to expand kerbal frontiers,To colonize other worlds.

Kelon:Yes i know

Hilory:So the manager of Beyond kerbin,Whants to talk with you on person.He whants to meet you.But as you know.....He is a very old kerbal so....Can you come to the our space center?We will bring the plane for transportation

Kelon:Well.......Right now.....I could go twomorow....

Hilory:Ok thank you very much!......See you tommorrow!

Meanwhile at the desert......

kE064Sa.png

Dudooki:Uff i think the engine overheated again....This is dumb why do we go exploring the dessert at 12:00 AM?

Jonfred:Hey do you smell somthing odd?

Dudooki:Yes i smell the fire from the engine...

Jonfred:No,It smeels like fuel....

Dudooki:Oh great the engine is going to explode....

O0nZaox.png

Maxble:Hey.Whats that in the distance!

Dudooki:I hope its another vehicle....

Jonfred:Lets go to it!

Dudooki:NOW?!,With this heat?!

Jonfred:Yeah why not?

Dudooki:You two go,il stay here.

oU9MD9c.png

Jonfred:I cant belive it!..Its its the remains from the infinity!Lets get closer!..

Jonfred`s PDA:WARNING RADIATION DETECTED!

Jonfred:Go back!.Theres radiation!

Maxble:Since when does the infinity has radiation emiting equipment?

Jonfred:We should probably call the desert airfield recovery team....

Meanwhile at the KSC....

wk9yl1O.png

Alex:I found the energy burst again!

Kevin:Where is it coming from?

Alex:Its coming from.......Jool,Laythe,Vall,Bop,Minmus,Duna.....And one of them is coming from insterstellar space.

Kevin:Can you identify the one from interstellar space?

Alex:It appears to come from........Its coming from the center of the Galaxy?.

Kevin:Weird.....

Tracking Station CPU:Incoming transmition,Source Unknow:

RG8geW91IHJlbWVtYmVyIG1lPw==

Kevin:Lets try decoding this...

Tracking station CPU:Decoding failed....Error 109:Lenguage unkow............Incoming transmition,Source Unknow

Alex:Another one?!

U3BhY2UgRXhwbG9yZXJzLkhFTFAsSEVMUA==

Kevin:Its on another launguage tan the other one.....Lets see if this Works......No it doesnt

Alex:Should we investigate this further?

Kevin:Meh.Its probably just a comet.....

Alex:But what about the ones from this solar sistem?.

Kevin:Yeah that should be investigated further.....

Meanwhile at the administration building.....

Derfred:Kelon.We need to talk about something...

Kelon:What?

Derfred:When is the trading line between Duna and kerbin is going to start?

Kelon:Its going to take some time.......Remember that the kolony has only 5 days.And it doesnt have resources to spare....Why are you asking this?

Derfred:Do you remember the power shortage we are having?

Kelon:Yes

Derfred:Well guess what.Not only half the power storage of kerbin disapeard.But aswell half the resources on Kerbin aswell.Theres not enought to sustain the world!.........And the countries the countries that dont have much resources.................They are starting to get armed......The resource war may start at any second.

TO BE CONTINUED...........

CHAPTER 12

Abandoned space station.

PTAT0Rl.png

???:Scanning planet.........Life forms found..........Initiating charging sequence..........U2FsdGVkX1/M4h+H/yOVv3wwI8lRG4UIRok06iSf5zpm1WR13nBGiuwEbgDeXfDm3W4zED1s1iuDIc7KeBw/fA==

Meanwhile at Duna`s Surface.....

DTS CPU.Opening airlock

rGGr3vv.png

Bob:What the kraken?...Where am i?

FyKMBr4.png

Derbin:Hey!You Bob!

Bob:What?....How do you know my name?....Where am i?

Derbin:Im Derbin.Chief Scientist of the DCP(Duna Colonization Project).And you are at Duna.

Bob:HOW THE ************* DID I GOT HERE

Derbin:Thats what all the colony whants to know.You where found on a Kaurora escape pod.We all presumed you died in the incident.

Bob:What incident?

Derbin:Dont you remember?The kaurora?.The misión to the  Yila sistem?

Bob:No

Derbin.You must have lost your memory somehow.Why dont we go to the dome?

Bob.That big thing?

Derbin:Yup.

fsELyXU.png

Ryley.So is the RC explorer fixed?.

Gilre:Its there....The solar panels are a bit dusty....And the light aswell.

Bobpont:And the battery needs to be replaced.I dont know how a simple sandstorm can damage a rover so much.

Gilre:They dont make them like they used too......

Ryley.The weird thing is that the drones and the RC transport are perfectly fine.

Gilre:thats because they dont have solar panels and they dont have a friking mini lab inside them.

Ryley:Well aslong as we can fix it....

Bobpont:We can always make another one!

Ryley:We dont have resources to spare.We need to use these rovers as much as posible.

Bobpont:Ok

Ryley.By the way.We need to send the RC transport and a drone to gather metal.We need to build the second dome.

Gilre:Go to the sensor tower.You can the drones from there.

Ryley:Ok.

djBBmIx.png

Ryley.Lets see here........................Huh?It detected an anomaly!.200 KM from here?...Yeah im sending the RC explorer when its fixed........I wonder what it is........Any signal sended  from there?.........Doesnt look like so.....I hope they fix that rover.....

Meanwhile at Kerbin.......

2ecOKup.png

Alex:Theres something odd in this readings from the telescope....

Kevin:What?

Alex:I dont know.....Its coming from LKO.

Kevin:We could send a misión there.....

Alex:I think to im going to ask Kelon...

6lb4y2I.png

Alex:Hey linus!.Do you know where Kelon is?

Linus:He is not at the Space Center right now.He when on a meeting with the manager of Beyond Kerbin.He left me in charge until he came back.

Alex.Ok....Can you take a look at these readings i took in the tracking station?

linus.Yes i can.......Interesting......Holy mulch

Alex:They are weird right?

Limus.THESE ARE THE EXACT SAME READINGS FROM THAT CUBE WE FOUND.We need to send a mission up there..ROLL OUT THE ZAFIRE 1.

30 minutes later....

Vkesu6T.png

Nefal Kerman:Zafire 1 is ready for take off.

MC 1:Ok you are cleared for take off.

Nefal:Roger that.

9S1obKZ.png

Nefal:Orbit achived.Heading to anomaly.....

nZNFn2z.png

Nefal:Target on sight.Starting aproach.

VulMwhm.png

Melke:I cant belive this....Its Kalsla 1.How is it here?

Nefal:Whats that?

Melke:Its the first space station send to orbit by Kerbal kind.1 Year of operation it mystiriusly dissapeard.No one knows how.

Nefal:Im going to attemp docking with it.

IZeWED4.png

Zafire CPU:Docking complete.Warning:Station has no oxygen......Starting presurizing produres.

Nefal:Alright.Lets go.

Melke:Its a very small station.Rumors say it wasnt even complete...

Nefal:Well we didnt came to reveal mysteries.We only came to see what was those readings the tracking station picked up...

Melke:Whats this?....In the microscope...What where they investigating?.....Its a Feather?

Nefal:Its blue......And its shyning.....

Melke:There are notebook here.Lets see.

Alien feather investigation

Page one:We have found a feather like object while one of the crew was on EVA.This may requaire further investigation.

Page 2:The feather is starting to glow.We started looking at it throught the microscope but we just saw pure blue.Nothing else.

Page 3:One of our crew members acidently touched the feather without protection.He experienced vision blur,He said he was hearing a voice.He doesnt know what it was saying.This object requaries further research.

Nefal:Do we bring it back to Kerbin?

Melke:Ask misión control first

Nefal:Ok......*Tries to contact misión control*Hum Melke teres only static.I cant seem to contact Kerbin.....

Melke:What?

TO BE CONTINUED...........

Edited by KerbolExplorer

CHAPTER 13

Second dome

NoH0NfU.pngKevin:Yeah i cant seem to contact them.....

MC 1:What the kraken happened!.

Kevin:And what do i know!.They just did "Puff" on the radar.

MC 1:Hopefully they are ok.....

6XonKeL.png

Zafire CPU:Undocking complete.

Nefal:Lets get out of here...I dont like this station.

Melke:I dont know why but i fell like im being wachted.....

Nefal:Its porobably your imagination.We were the only ones on that space sta-

Zafire CPU:Incoming transmition:

???:Ca- yUO H-  mE

Nefal:Lets go back to kerbin!

Melke:Yeah lets go.

Meanwhile at Duna...

vPn8JBu.png

Bobpont:Ok Ryley the rover is fixed!.Do you know where we could send it to?

Ryley.Yes.Its 200Km from here.Can it survive?

gilre:yeah.

Ryley:Ok Il get going to the  drone hub

iJcs90f.png

Ryley:Ok is the anomaly still there.....Yes it is!.Time to send it over there!.

VWtbZCM.png

Bobpont.There it goes!.It not the fastest rover.It probably will arrive in some hours.......

Some hours later......

AMcYAtr.png

Bobpont:Ok the RC explorer is about to reach the anomaly.It should be over this hill......what the kraken is that?

wtJ2brl.png

Gilre:That cant be natural...Right?

Ryley.Its doesnt even have the same color as the soil......Im going to send it closer....

VZtLKPZ.png

Bobpont:The radiations levels of this place are quite high..........Send it to take a simple from one of those Stone monoliths.

12G05T9.png

Ryley:This one should do.....Now carefully...

0632vkB.png

Bobpont:It looks like its made of some super strong metal......But i think it should be able of taking a sample........Ok  done.Lets bring it back to base for research.

Ryley.Do we have a place here to research it?

Gilre:Nope.

Ryley.Time to get building the second dome!.

Meanwhile at LKO

mY57SKA.png

Melke:So what do we do now?We completly lost conection with kerbin.

Nefal:We need to go back to Kerbin.And try landing at the KSC.

Melke:Ok.

ObzT5vP.png

dXkXINT.png

Nefal:So i have Good news and horrible news.What do you whant to hear first?

Melke:The good news

Nefal:The re-entry was sussesfull.The Horrible news is that we dont have fuel left and we are in the midle of the Katlantic ocean.We are going to have to land in the ocean.

Melke.Oh kod....

5 minutes later....

dfMa8Qo.png

Nefal:BRACE FOR IMPAC-

gQQSQvY.png

Derbin:Hey Ryley!.

Ryley:Yes?

Bob:Hi

Ryley:Bob is that you?.Are you healed now?

Bob:Yeah.......Who are you?

Ryley:Dont you remembr me?Im Ryley.You know the one that was going to land the Pika infinity on 4546B

Bob:I dont remember nothing about that mission.......

Derbin:By the way What are you doing?

Ryley:Oh im just comanding the drones to build the second dome...

R0WPK0l.png

Derbin:Oh cool!.

Ryley.Thanks.Oh could you talk with me for a sec.

Derbin:Yeah..

b2GaPQB.png

Ryley:Its about bob...

Derbin:Yes....

Ryley:We need to bring him back to Kerbin.

Derbin:Why?

Ryley:He is not trained for this mission.We dont know if he is well suited for this tipe of mission.

Derbin:But the kaurora.He was 10 months in that space ship.And he was fine.

Ryley:Thats a diferent story........Whe had better technology back then.When we were in the kaurora,We knew we will be back at Kerbin.But this time.We are not.Atleast me.Im going to stay on Duna.And probably most colonist will.We where trained aswell for this mission.

Derbin:And what about the future Dunaborn.There will not be born trained for this.

Ryley:For the Dunaborn,Duna is going to be to them like Kerbin to us.Plus.When more colonist come.And kerbals are born here.This will probably behave like a city back at Kerbin.With its schools,shops,parks.All that stuff.

Derbin:We could atleast give him a chance.....We could teach him how to use the Hydroponics farm.We could solve the food issiue we are having.

Ryley:Fine........

TO BE CONTINUED.........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.