Corrupted save files whenever KerbalEdu starts

Hello,
I am experiencing issues with current KerbalEdu. When the application starts, very often it wipes, corrupts, or reverts the content of the "saves" directory to some old save.

The workaround I recommend to my students is to back up the saves after quitting the game for a day and restoring the backup after launching the game during the following lesson.

Is there a better fix for this problem?

Used game version is KerbalEdu 1.3.1.1891 Windows x64

Edited by Domink

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for answering so late. I probably don't check these forums often enough.

The newest version of KerbalEdu has a TeacherGaming Desk enabled cloud save system that might not be working properly for you for some reason. You can disable it by adding the line tgCloudSavesDisabled = False to the edusettings.cfg file in the installation directory. Please try that and see if it helps (unless you have found some other way to fix it already).

@MarkZero

Only some saves appear to get uploaded/downloaded...

at what point do the saves uploaded to the server...for example, at "Return to main Menu" or at ID Logout, or at "Save Game/Quicksave"? 

Perhaps under specific user conditions or internet connection drops, etc there is not enough time to upload a complete new save properly or there is no retry or file integrity check ?

For now, I have been using S.A.V.E mod to backup & restore saves

Hello,

They are supposed to get uploaded when the game is saved (either automatic or a quicksave). Though internet connection drops might be one culprit it also seems that there are some bugs in the cloud save system. I need to fix it for the next version of KerbalEdu. In the meantime I recommend setting the gCloudSavesDisabled = False in the edusettings.cfg file if you are having problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.