My Game Just Wont Stop Crashing

It happens whenever I switch spacecraft or go back to KSC. I only play with Kerbal Engineer and MechJeb. I have a crash log if that helps.

Here's the error report (sorry if I'm not doing this right, I'm new here):

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

2 hours ago, Hydrowelder said:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xinput1_3.dll
Image Base: 0x00400000  Image Size: 0x00016000
File Size:  81768       File Time:  2007-04-04_185342
Version:
   Company:    Microsoft Corporation
   Product:    Microsoft® DirectX for Windows®
   FileDesc:   Microsoft Common Controller API
   FileVer:    9.18.944.0
   ProdVer:    9.18.944.0

@JoE Smash, do you think this issue is the same of yours?

7 hours ago, Hydrowelder said:

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0023:1011af5a.

Error occurred at 2018-07-31_211432.
C:\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by davea.
69% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [2453 MB free].
0 MB paging file [1608 MB free].
0 MB user address space [95 MB free].

The mono.dll crash usually indicates outdated mods. On the other hand...I'm confused by the 0 MB memory, but I can see, that you run the 32bit versiopn of the game. Any particular reason for this?

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Use ksp_64.exe

This + check if your mods are up to date :)

Lol I just realized I was in a thread, I thought I was in a private convo with @Lisias....Now that I scrolled up and looked at the rest of the error log, I have more to say (all I saw was the tiny xinput1_3.dll blurb Lisias linked in his post to me lol)

I know mono.dll errors are a completely different error than the crashes I was having.

My first bit at the top was always had the access violation in the actual executable for the game. In my case it was KSP_x64.exe.

He seems to be running the 32bit executable in a 64bit Windows OS....that's probably the biggest issue in my opinion....

Once he starts running the game in 64bit mode, it is quite possible he will still have crashes involving xinput1_3.dll.

If he/she does then I would try the xinput1_3.dll swap I have been doing....

@Hydrowelder what version of KSP are you running? Do you have the making history expansion involved?

What mods do you have installed?

Are all your mods for the version of KSP that you are running?

If any of your mods are NOT for the version of KSP that you are running please list the name of the mod and what version of the game it is supposed to be run with....

Any mods that haven't been updated for the version of KSP you are currently running I would try getting rid of first and see if that gets rid of the mono error.

Just because the mod hasn't been updated to match the version of the game you are running it doesn't DEFINITIVELY mean the mod won't work with your game version....but it's a solid place to start. Some mods are VERY dependant on being for the correct game version....like Kopernicus, B9 part switcher, Interstellar fuel switch, etc. Other mods that just add a bunch of parts, but don't mess with the game functionality don't necessarily ALWAYS have to match. When in doubt though, it is best to check the forum thread for the mod to see if anyone asked if the mod works with a particular version of the game.....if you can't find the answer there already, then you should ask in the thread yourself.....

Edited by JoE Smash

On 8/1/2018 at 4:01 AM, Hydrowelder said:

HI. in future it is more helpful to your case, if you only post links to your log .  Usually a zipped copy uploaded to a file sharing site, dropbox seems to be use by a lot of posters.  As a  first log to post it should always be your KSP.log, as this is produced every time the game loads  and does not require a crash.     For fault finding purposes the KSP.log is massively more useful than the example posted crash log ,  which is simply meaningless to most people, In all my years bug hunting modded KSP (since 2012)  not one single  error has been fixed by reading a crash log .

SO start your game  do a few things and exit. Then zip up the KSP log which can be found in the main KSP folder and post a link here,  As you use so few mods, I suspect you have made an installation error of one of them, and a look at the KSP log will give a clear picture of your installation.

PS would be cool if you could edit that log out of your post, once you sort out the links for your KSP log

On 7/31/2018 at 8:01 PM, Hydrowelder said:

It happens whenever I switch spacecraft or go back to KSC. I only play with Kerbal Engineer and MechJeb. I have a crash log if that helps.

[snip]

Welcome to our forum, Hydrowelder. :)

I did have to remove the log file itself from your post, since things that size can cause slow loading or page errors for our forum. Please feel free to upload it to a file sharing site and use the link they provide in your posts here. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.