I'm joining the Squad Team!!!

Just Jim

8 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I don't think I'm good enough but I so wanna help!

Yeah, me too... I also want to help!!!!!

Maybe we could all write what we think would be a cool next chapter and he could decide which one was the best and use it...

Oh wow... thanks everyone!

1 hour ago, Mrcarrot said:

It is already, isn't it?

Anyway, congrats! I hope you can assist the team and make sure we never have a release with as many bugs as 1.4 again

Actually, that's my job now... I can't get too specific, but in a nutshell, it's to help destroy bugs... Please bear in mind, I'm still the new kid, so to speak... but I promise I will do everything I can to help find and squash them as hard as possible.  ;)

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Yaay! Orange title!!

So will info about the next Emiko chapters be NDA now? :sticktongue:

Oh, please... they were NDA long before I signed the official one with Squad... lmao... :D

2 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

sniff. I'll miss not knowing when Emiko will  come... and @Just Jim being a normal person... But congrats!

In some ways things won't change much... Remember all the times in the last few months on my thread when I said I'm working on an NDA side-project that I can't talk about? Well... I still can't talk about it... but I think it's safe to say now it was all related to this. It was a very, very long process, and most is still NDA. But it's the reason my last few chapters took so long. Hopefully they won't take too much longer.

26 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

If he wants to keep Emiko on schedule then he might need a co-writer (not me, I’m not good enough for Emiko, which is, like, the best KSP fanfic ever)

22 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I don't think I'm good enough but I so wanna help!

It's not the writing, it's the screenshots... I'm very picky about them, and they take the bulk of the time... ;)

One thing I really want to say... and I know this might sound like I'm kissing up... but I really, really mean it.

Everyone at @SQUAD... Man, you could not ask for a nicer group of people to work for!!! I'm serious, they have been so welcoming, and helpful, and I already consider many to be my friends, and not just co-workers... I don't think I've ever had a job where I liked everyone so much! They really are a great bunch!!! 

Especially @Darth Badie... It's all her fault, actually... the force was just too strong with her... lmao... I couldn't resist going to the dark side... :D

(I told her I was gonna blame her... hehehe)

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Good luck and Godspeed! So I don't know if you're allowed to say this, but is it just bug squashing? Or could you possibly contribute to new content?

What the game lacks is a storyline. Now, what does @Just Jim do very well...? Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, Kerbart said:

What the game lacks is a storyline. Now, what does @Just Jim do very well...? Just sayin'.

While I agree he would be an excellent writer, one of the best possible, one of the things I like about the game is that you're free to make up your own. Although I would be open to an optional story mode.

35 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Good luck and Godspeed! So I don't know if you're allowed to say this, but is it just bug squashing? Or could you possibly contribute to new content?

This is, needless to say, a little hard to answer. Is it just bug-hunting and squashing? No, not like being on a standard bug-hunting team. This is a little more... involved. But I'm not sure I can say more than that... ;)

28 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

26 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

While I agree he would be an excellent writer, one of the best possible, one of the things I like about the game is that you're free to make up your own. Although I would be open to an optional story mode.

No... Fun idea, but I was not hired to do a story mode... at least not that anyone's told me. 

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

Don't take any crap from them. ^_^

Other way around... I'm a little surprised they want to put up with mine... lmao... :D

21 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Congratulations! 

@Just Jim, does that mean that you can now post in the Announcements section, because your now part of SQUAD?

Hmmm... I'm not really sure... maybe. But even if I can, I wouldn't post anything there without permission from @UomoCapra or @Darth Badie, or one of the moderators. That's not really part of my job description. ;)

Edited by Just Jim

8 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So. What’re they paying you? <_<

Given the logo, I’m guessing peanuts...

Peanuts??? PEANUTS???

Oh, get with it, man... this is Kerbal!!!

...they're paying me in cheese-snacks  :sticktongue:

27 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Peanuts??? PEANUTS???

Oh, get with it, man... this is Kerbal!!!

...they're paying me in cheese-snacks  :sticktongue:

What about ice cream from Minmus? Or Jool-Aid?

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

and now I get to be part

Huh.  I guess I did miss something.

Congratulations on taking a thankless job where you will be blamed for all the bugs that slip through, and face a community that will hound you relentlessly for any problems they have or ideas they want to see implemented.  I mean, software testing's an important responsibility, if you can get the testing done between brewing coffee and answering the phone while the receptionist is on break; oh, and sorting the mail and making sure the VPs know where they're going to lunch today, and really, do you mind being on call all weekend? Great, thanks, the rest of the employees are going to be at a barbecue "important meeting" and really can't be disturbed!

Seriously, though, that's awesome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.