[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

20 hours ago, FlyingSpaceFrog said:

I found a minor bug. It's nothing game breaking, but I assume its not intended behavior. There's a region of the Atlantic Ocean where the biome reads as "Mountains" for science collection. I found this at Latitude 26 degrees, 33 minutes North and Longitude 67 degrees, 16 minutes West.

I installed RSS through CKAN earlier today, and am running KSP version 1.8.1

Which version of the textures are you using?

I can't see anything there in the biome map - it's South of Bermuda, but even Bermuda shouldn't have mountain biome.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:09 AM, DC said:

I've got a really annoying effect where the orbit lines of planets and craft show up through planets which makes it really hard to orient yourself in the tracking station. I've ported the game directory to different hardware and it makes no difference.

I downloaded clean versions of 1.6.1 and 1.7.3 and loaded just RSS via CKAN and had exactly the same problem with no other mods installed.

Am I missing some obvious setting ?

I have the same exact issue. I confirm it happens after installing RSS. I clean-installed KSP 1.73 with only RSS 16.4.0 along with its dependencies from ckan.

I had the same issue in KSP 1.3.1 as well.

EDIT!: I was wrong. It happens on stock KSP also (v1.7.3.2594). 

Edited by skoy21

On 3/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, skoy21 said:

I have the same exact issue. I confirm it happens after installing RSS. I clean-installed KSP 1.73 with only RSS 16.4.0 along with its dependencies from ckan.

I had the same issue in KSP 1.3.1 as well.

EDIT!: I was wrong. It happens on stock KSP also (v1.7.3.2594). 

Same issue here, but only on my RSS install. Happens in the tracking station and in the game map.

am7k9ic.png

I am sitting here for 4 hours trying to turn Kerbal into our real solar system. Tried Twitch Installer, CKan... No matter what I do. It just won't work.
I tried 1.91 and 1.81... Tried to select the Real Solar System from CKan with 1.81 version where it shows all those dependencies. Seems to work fine at first and then error. "Oh no, you were trying to blabla" Something with DateTime or so.

I am absolutely stumped right now. I just want to play in our real solar system. how hard can this be? Can someone give me an idiot-proof step by step explanation on how to make this happen? Please -:)

5 hours ago, Manni1232524363 said:

I tried 1.91

As @Flibble said in the post before you:

On 3/9/2020 at 10:54 AM, Flibble said:

No, RSS requires Kopernicus, the latest version of which supports 1.8.1.

If you want to play on 1.9, you will have to wait until Kopernicus updates to 1.9.1. 

5 hours ago, Manni1232524363 said:

Can someone give me an idiot-proof step by step explanation on how to make this happen? Please -:)

There is a really good step by step explanation in the RO Wiki. You can find it here.

Edited by ValiZockt

• 3 weeks later...

I have a feature add request (i.e. a body addition).

I'd like to add the real life asteroid Bennu.

The OSIRIS-REx team just published a beautiful mosaic photo of Bennu that is already in polar coordinate.

I can provide a real 3rd model - data taken  by the OSIRIS-REx spacecraft and published on asteroidmission.org, and real orbital data (provided by JPL, updated by OSIRIS-REx). I have tried on my own to do this, but only gotten so far as to get all the orbital parameters correct, zero success in decoding the voodoo of puting heightmaps together or texturing (I am not a photoshop person, been trying to do this with GIMP/Paint.NET/Photofiltre..... obviously there are some secrets to using those tools not shared.)

Photo mosaic of Bennu:

https://www.asteroidmission.org/bennu_global_mosaic/

Complete height data as 0.75m lidar data (OBJ and STL format - not really "map" ready these have been tailored to 3d printing a scale model):

https://www.asteroidmission.org/updated-bennu-shape-model-3d-files/

Latest (or most precise - most decimal points) orbital & physical data:

https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi#top   (search for "bennu" in the search box, no direct linking)

I spent 4 or 5 days on this and am frustrated, time to just call in the pros.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:32 AM, Lgg159 said:

Hello !

When i launch the game with rss, it stays stuck on the black screen with the loading logo forever.

I am playing in 1.6.1. Did i do something wrong ?

Make sure the version of kopernicus you are using is for 1.6.1, otherwise... maybe you are running out of RAM?

• 2 weeks later...

hello

i'm playing with KSRSS, and i've find a lots of mistake in the mars map biome (directly from RSS) , so i've used my "confinement time" to correct that.

in case of you want to add this into rss-ro, you can find info here :

Regards

ps: sorry for my english, it's not my spoken language 

Edited by winproof

On 4/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, winproof said:

hello

i'm playing with KSRSS, and i've find a lots of mistake in the mars map biome (directly from RSS) , so i've used my "confinement time" to correct that.

in case of you want to add this into rss-ro, you can find info here :

I recently did a complete overhaul on Mars Biomes because they were really broken, so I think we've doubled up our work.

On 5/3/2020 at 4:52 AM, Jason Zeng said:

Why is it black around my launch site? Only zoom in to see the ground

Your install is bugged? You'll need to post at least a screenshot.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:32 PM, Lgg159 said:

Hello !

When i launch the game with rss, it stays stuck on the black screen with the loading logo forever.

I am playing in 1.6.1. Did i do something wrong ?

Hi.

Same bug on a fresh 1.8.1 install. The culprit is for me the latest RSS textures (18.1). Anyway, just use the 18.0 version and your game will load fine. 

Anyone go to Venus in a propeller craft using Breaking Ground DLC? It is very glitchy. What can I do to make it feel more realistic? The TWR for a propeller craft at sea level on Venus is outrageously high.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:50 AM, Wilds said:

Anyone go to Venus in a propeller craft using Breaking Ground DLC? It is very glitchy. What can I do to make it feel more realistic? The TWR for a propeller craft at sea level on Venus is outrageously high.

What makes you think that isn't realistic? Propellers on Venus are very effective because the atmosphere is so dense.

I would like to rescale the asteroids, since I just klawed on to a class A and it was 120 million tons. 

I'm looking in RSSKopernicus\Asteroids and wondering if this bit will do it:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]]:FOR[RealSolarSystem]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]
    {
        @density = 3.3456
        @secondaryRate = 0.001
        %minRadiusMultiplier = 10.0
        %maxRadiusMultiplier = 100.0
    }

Am I on the right track?

7 hours ago, pt1243 said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a high resolution Earth biome map?

Of the actual earth? 
How high resolution do you want to go? NASA has some, But you’d need a GIS software to open it, and downscale significantly to make it small enough for the game to load.

18 hours ago, Nightside said:

Of the actual earth? 
How high resolution do you want to go? NASA has some, But you’d need a GIS software to open it, and downscale significantly to make it small enough for the game to load.

Nothing super high resolution, just so I have a general idea of where the boundaries of the different biomes are in the RSS biome maps.

... and I just realized that I can look at the RSS biome DDS files :D. Thanks for the help anyway!

36 minutes ago, pt1243 said:

Nothing super high resolution, just so I have a general idea of where the boundaries of the different biomes are in the RSS biome maps.

... and I just realized that I can look at the RSS biome DDS files :D. Thanks for the help anyway!

Haha, yes, straight to the source.

if you want an”in-game “ method you can use Scansat to export maps that show only what you have already explored.