[1.12] Real Solar System

Theysen

9 hours ago, QwertyPixel said:

I'm new to KSP and KSP forums. How do I download the mod from this thread?

CKAN. But the previous poster is right that this is not where to start (but if you really want to, mouse over CKAN and you should get enough search information to sort you out...)

• 2 months later...

Hi! How does RSS get Remote Tech to recognize a 24 hour day? I don't see anything in the Remote Tech patch and Remote Tech doesn't seem to have a setting for it. I want to figure out how to get remote tech to recognize a 24 or 12 hour day with JNSQ.

Edit: I did ask the Remote Tech team, but they directed me to see how RSS does it.

Edited by Mitokandria
additional info

On 7/23/2023 at 7:29 AM, Mitokandria said:

Hi! How does RSS get Remote Tech to recognize a 24 hour day? I don't see anything in the Remote Tech patch and Remote Tech doesn't seem to have a setting for it. I want to figure out how to get remote tech to recognize a 24 or 12 hour day with JNSQ.

Edit: I did ask the Remote Tech team, but they directed me to see how RSS does it.

Are you thinking of this? 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:53 PM, NathanKell said:

Are you thinking of this? 

[snip]

Sorry for the delayed reply. Spent a good bit looking through the code and I think that's exactly what I'm looking for! I found the segment I need to change, just gotta figure out how to compile it.

Thanks!

On 7/26/2023 at 3:25 PM, Mitokandria said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. Spent a good bit looking through the code and I think that's exactly what I'm looking for! I found the segment I need to change, just gotta figure out how to compile it.

Thanks!

I have a vague recollection that Sigma wrote a generic version of that? Not sure. Think someone did. Worth digging around the forum and CKAN to see if someone's already done what you want. Cheers!

16 hours ago, NathanKell said:

I have a vague recollection that Sigma wrote a generic version of that? Not sure. Think someone did. Worth digging around the forum and CKAN to see if someone's already done what you want. Cheers!

I think that might be Kronometer. I found that JNSQ has an Offset cfg utilizing Kronometer and JNSQ Rescale is supposed to change the offset back to 6hr/day, but it isn't recognized by RemoteTech. I commented out the offset time, but that didn't seem to change RemoteTech reading a 24-hour time.

I'll probably have to reach out to JNSQ team and see if I can get some guidance on that. Since default JNSQ is a 12-hour day I'm thinking it's also possible something else is modifying the timescale. But I've derailed your thread more than I feel comfortable with so I'll move it over to JNSQ. :)

P.S. I did learn how to open, create/edit, and recompile KSP mods~ I bow to you all in acknowledgment of how much sweat, knowledge, and expertise in astrophysics, thermodynamics, and aerodynamics goes into these mods. Thank you muchly.

Edited by Mitokandria

3 hours ago, Mitokandria said:

I think that might be Kronometer. I found that JNSQ has an Offset cfg utilizing Kronometer and JNSQ Rescale is supposed to change the offset back to 6hr/day, but it isn't recognized by RemoteTech. I commented out the offset time, but that didn't seem to change RemoteTech reading a 24-hour time.

I'll probably have to reach out to JNSQ team and see if I can get some guidance on that. Since default JNSQ is a 12-hour day I'm thinking it's also possible something else is modifying the timescale. But I've derailed your thread more than I feel comfortable with so I'll move it over to JNSQ. :)

P.S. I did learn how to open, create/edit, and recompile KSP mods~ I bow to you all in acknowledgment of how much sweat, knowledge, and expertise in astrophysics, thermodynamics, and aerodynamics goes into these mods. Thank you muchly.

Oh it's also possible that RemoteTech just doesn't use the correct KSP interfaces when displaying time, i.e. the bug could be there rather than in Kronometer (and yeah that sounds like what I'm thinking of). Good luck! Cheers. :)

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Sup3r_Tyl3r said:

Interesting mod! I was wondering if you would ever add more dwarf planets, like Eris or Haumea, would be really cool to see!

There is a RSS expansion mod for that.

It’s kinda outdated, though.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, CalvonVulcan said:

i see there are configs for parallax 2.0, but the scatterers dont work, so i dont get rocks on the moon surface and other places, any idea whats happening

It doesn't have parallax 2.0 compatibility yet. Only ground textures. I'm not sure sure anyone's working on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have an issue with RSS / Scatterer or Kopernicus maybe :

During the flight, between approximatly 100 km and 150 km, land disappears and become invisible, just big blue fog and i can not make distinction between sea and terrain. Above 150 km terrain is visible.

Someone have any idea ? Thank you

• 4 months later...

I'm struggling with adding a launch site. Mine is about 50 meters in the air:

@KSCSWITCHER:LAST[RealSolarSystem]
{
	@LaunchSites
	{
		%Site[nl_texel]
		{
			%displayName = NL Texel
			%description = A significant part of the island was transformed into a spaceport. Starting at the original navy marine base de koog
			%PQSCity
			{
				%KEYname = KSC
				%changeGrassColor = true
				%latitude = 53.0995532
				%longitude = 4.808668
				%repositionRadiusOffset = 5 
				%repositionToSphereSurface = true
				%lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
				//%reorientFinalAngle = 16.4
				%reorientToSphere = True
				%repositionToSphere = True
				%repositionToSphereSurfaceAddHeight = true
				%commnetStation = True
			}
			%PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
			{
				%radius = 5000
				%heightMapDeformity = 50 //60
				%absoluteOffset = 1
				%absolute = true
				%latitude = 53.0995532
				%longitude = 4.808668
			}
		}
	}
}

screenshot0.png?ex=65cb8649&is=65b91149&

Every time I change one parameter a bit and boot the game for another 10 minutes. A bit of help would be greatly appreciated

It now looks ok the first time it boots up, but jumps after a scene change

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 3:21 AM, Constel4cion said:

Hi!

Just installed this mod yesterday using CKAN, i chose the option RSS Visual Enhancements - High Resolution and i was wondering is it normal for clouds to look like this?

afgo6jO.png

Yes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...