Theysen

[1.4.5] Real Solar System v13.1 [03 Sep 2018]

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Initial-Dee said:

i'm trying to get it to work for me. i know it's unrelated to this thread, but how did you get RO to work, if you did? i have it installed, but none of the rocket engines from stock are showing up at all.  

I'm not using RO, just RSS, SMURFF and Transmogrifier (see link in my sig).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, C3nturionsparta said:

Hi All, 

Version 1.3.1 - I have an issue with the Ocean on Earth i.e. anything that I try to splash down just passes directly through the water and eventually impacts the sea floor below :(

Running 1.3.1 RSS plus all of the compatible mods in the RO suit from the spread sheet...

 

Edit - At the moment my workaround is using the cheat menu to disable part damage just before splash down. The capsule still floats to the bottom of the sea but I can now recover it :).

thats a kopernicus problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started using RSS with 1.4.5 and the newest Kopernicus (1.4.5.4) a couple of days ago and the only issue I have so far is that Earth/KSC seems to be... shaking quite a bit sometimes. Is that a known issue? I didn't try to debug this issue yet and it may be caused by some weird mod interaction, but I just wanted to ask, if someone has encountered this before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marandil said:

I've started using RSS with 1.4.5 and the newest Kopernicus (1.4.5.4) a couple of days ago and the only issue I have so far is that Earth/KSC seems to be... shaking quite a bit sometimes. Is that a known issue? I didn't try to debug this issue yet and it may be caused by some weird mod interaction, but I just wanted to ask, if someone has encountered this before.

I haven’t seen that. Is it just visual or is stuff moving around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nightside said:

I haven’t seen that. Is it just visual or is stuff moving around?

After trying to drive around KSC in a simple "rover", I can confirm it's not only visual, athough I've also observed some visual-only glitches, like the flags on flagposts going completely nuts :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this mod the textures and stuff look spectacular! But i still like kerbal as my start world. Can I somehow make that happen?? Maybe with some rescale configs?? Jus wondering. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE FOR KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM 1.4.5

 

  • Updated for KSP 1.4.5
  • Added a patch to fix the density and size of the asteroids.
  • Cleaned up the RSS source to remove obsolete code.

 

Thanks to PhineasFreak for providing the patches and fixes for this release.

 

Follow the usual installation steps and enjoy the real solar system experience in KSP 1.4.5!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the visual pack work with this version too? I noticed it wasn't for 1.4.x, and I can't seem to get past betas to work. Or is that still being worked on by the mod maker?

Edited by Spaceception
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone try RSS with this unofficial 1.4.5 recompile for FAR ? Most importantly, is there any real, objective improvement to the base game that justifies updating from 1.3.1 to 1.4.5 for anyone completely uninterested in Making History? Changes like 2-5 FPS more on average for surface ISRU bases, reduced memory leaks or better OpenGL rendering support. Depending on the answer to the latter, for those who consider RSS and FAR indispensable, it might be better to stick to 1.3.1, at least until both are officially updated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be a Kopernicus issue so may be in the wrong forum but the errors relate to the loading of planets, gets as far as loading callisto data then crash's

Win 10 64 Bit

 16 GB RAM

Core I7 -6700K 4GHz (10% overclock)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 @1920x1080

KSP 1.4.5

Kopernicus 1.4.5-4

KSC_Switcher-master

Real Solar System 14.0.0 (Theysen)

RSSDateTime 1.2.0.0

RSS Texture pack  8192 (also tried 4096)

Module Manager 3.0.7

KSP was run once bare to check install then the above mods were installed. 

GAMEDATA looks correct (No nested Gamedata folders)

Game gets to the initial start screen ( Start Game -- Settings etc)

Kopernicus error message on screen "Kopernicus was not able to load custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process"

Logs https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kbds9wo8nu3ywrx/AAAeoD5xD9Y9MqzA-lo0qfcBa?dl=0

Kopernicus log indicates an out of memory exception as does KSP's log which I don't think is the issue (16GB)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Agnemon said:

Kopernicus log indicates an out of memory exception as does KSP's log which I don't think is the issue (16GB)

Actually it is because you run the 32bit version of KSP. Launch it through the 'KSP_x64.exe' ;)

Also:

11 minutes ago, Agnemon said:

KSC_Switcher-master 

Looks like you grabbed the wrong file, this one seem to be just the source code. You should download the the actual mod instead: https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher/releases/download/1.4.5.1/KSCSwitcher_1.4.5.1.zip

:)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops, mis read the download text from KSP as first line as X86, second line  as X64.

Personally I blame my keyboard, it's obviously dyslexic.

/me sheepishly goes off to download the correct version :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that you guys have finished with the foolproof install setup I can help you test the idiot proof version ( I am eminently qualified for the role it seems ) :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the answer to this question might be obvious, but when playing RSS is it absolutely necessary to have RO? Or really anything else besides procedural parts and tweakscale? I know the stock delta v requirements are fairly wack. Yet, there are people who have done things like this without RO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ringotuna said:

Maybe the answer to this question might be obvious, but when playing RSS is it absolutely necessary to have RO? Or really anything else besides procedural parts and tweakscale? I know the stock delta v requirements are fairly wack. Yet, there are people who have done things like this without RO.

No, you don't need RO. You can use SMURFF to fix the stock fuel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any Scatterer configs available for RSS? I tried snagging the old RSSVE from github but got some serious weirdness with it (a brightly glowing ring around the poles in map view, for instance).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Are there any Scatterer configs available for RSS? I tried snagging the old RSSVE from github but got some serious weirdness with it (a brightly glowing ring around the poles in map view, for instance).

Just delete blocks "EarthAurorasLow " and "EarthAurorasHigh" in RSSVE\Configs\EVE_Configs\Clouds\RSSVE_Clouds_Config.cfg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you can move KSC to the Moon in RSS?

Edited by Jimbodiah
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I really like this mod but of course as you know the stock rockets are not adapted for this new solar system size. What are the minimum mods to put with RSS to have the proper delta v's and so on?

Thanks a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cousnouf said:

Hello, I really like this mod but of course as you know the stock rockets are not adapted for this new solar system size. What are the minimum mods to put with RSS to have the proper delta v's and so on?

Thanks a lot.

Check out SMURFF https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/117992-*, it should be sufficient to play with "stockalike" mods :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now